Critical Responders for the 2005 HSC (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I've sort of changed my idea, i'm doing the breakdown of the American dream/suburban myth'..i know not very original :p but beh it will have to do

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
female power / feminism is so overdone.

thats why im doing something on masculinity XP
looking at the modern bloke in Fight Club . . .

sK...

HSC
N/A
haha, is that a joke?
feminism overdone and fightclub's NOT?

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
First question: is it absolutely necessary to link our EE2 work to either our Adv or Ext course? I know I'm supposed to have read something about it, but that EE2 lecturer at the English study day made the syllabus sound so boring...

Okay, um, yeah... I'm doing something on the importance of the oral tradition/oral medium in folk/fairy tales. It's supposed to make sense, but I'm getting really bored of it, am supposed to be doing stacks of research on it, and ought to have my first draft - which I have no material for - done by the first day back. That's ... in 4 days.

Seriously, I've spent more time this hols helping my friend with her EE2 project than thinking about my own. I'm so stoopid.

Franklin

I'm doing the portrayal of class structure in comedic texts of the early 1900's using jeeves, lord peter wimsey and maybe cold comfort farm
looking forward to the reading !

Last edited:

snowblack

bleh
HSC
damn...everyones got such original ideas....im doing the how role of the female in society has changed from the text Tess of the d'Urbervilles to Bridget JOnes Diary from a Post Modern perspective :p ...does anyone else think their teacher is an asshole ?

pastrypie

HSC
I'm doing a critical response on Mary-Sues in fanfic, basically.

About the feminism stuff, true that it's overdone, but I seem to remember more than one making it into the showcase, so...? Originality's good, but if you can get the marks and do what you want...

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
Sweets said:
I've sort of changed my idea, i'm doing the breakdown of the American dream/suburban myth'..i know not very original :p but beh it will have to do

hehe nothing's original anymore. so i guess it doesn't really matter whatever idea anyone chooses for ee2 so MERH! :confused: you'll still score top marks as long as you write well i guess :uhhuh: :D

Abbeygale

HSC
pastrypie said:
I'm doing a critical response on Mary-Sues in fanfic, basically.

About the feminism stuff, true that it's overdone, but I seem to remember more than one making it into the showcase, so...? Originality's good, but if you can get the marks and do what you want...
Are you only going with fan fic? The occasional Mary Sue slips through into published fiction also. Tara Moss' books are a great example. Her heroine is Makedde, a model in the process of getting a PhD. She's such a blatant self insertion I found myself hoping the killer would get her.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
snowblack said:
damn...everyones got such original ideas....im doing the how role of the female in society has changed from the text Tess of the d'Urbervilles to Bridget JOnes Diary from a Post Modern perspective :p ...does anyone else think their teacher is an asshole ?
And my idea (changed from the last one I posted) is representation of women in Grimm's tales. By women I mean the 14-year-old Rapunzel as well.

Tess and Bridget Jones?! You must have a really strong stomach for bad texts. I admire you.

And yes, but all teachers are.

leetahl

HSC
help with critical response!

and as simply as that i have joined the critical response team!
i am doing my critical response basically on sex in advertising..
i am so worried it is turning into a society and culture type thing and not an english piece with literary theories. i can easily link it with my prelim adv, ext 1 and hsc adv, ext 1 courses.. but i dont know how to tie texts into the actual major work. i have 2 books that are on advertising.. but are they texts? or do texts have to be novels?? ahh.. i dont want to have to change my idea!

cameronS

HSC
according to ETA critical repsonse lecture guy as of 2005, march 20, feminism is not overdone.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
leetahl said:
i have 2 books that are on advertising.. but are they texts? or do texts have to be novels?? ahh.. i dont want to have to change my idea!
Everything is a text these days: films, comics, novels, non-fiction, advertisements. Don't stress. :cool:

leetahl

HSC
cool, thanks! phew.. less stressful.. the ETA guy didn't really clear that up..

cameronS

HSC
yes he did, iiirc, he or the RS guy said something about anything being a text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)