Cronulla Beach Incident (1 Viewer)

Joe Bloe

HSC
snickerdoodle said:
First off, if I hear the word "wog" being thrown anymore, I will strangle someone. Don't you dare call myself, my family and a large portion of my friends "wogs". Lets get something straight: If I, of Greek descent, call a friend with a foreign background a "wog", it is done in jest. If someone on the street (particularly an anglo-saxon) turns around and calls me a "wog", they will be on a recieving end of a bitch slap. It's a derogatory term that highly offends me and pretty much everyone I know. I'm an Aussie, my friends are Aussie, and the fact that we speak another language doesn't negate that.

Everyone needs to get over it. Do you know how many times I've experienced the shit that dickheads dish out when I'm at the beach, or shopping, or in public in general? You think that brawling is going to stop this? The fact that those kind of men are disusting scum is not going to change. They are nothings. Insignificant loudmouths that crave attention, which people should STOP giving them. Let the police handle it. You feel threatened? Go to a higher authority. All this BS is just getting in the way of the 99% of people who just want to get a tan and swim a little.

Haha, then don't ever call me an 'Aussie.' You people are so touchy, get over yourselves.
I live in the Shire, i only just got back from Schoolies today but so i have missed a bit of it.. Though it seems to be pretty serious, and a lot of people seem to be up for tomorrow. I'm sure there will be plenty of Police though, which will probably stop anything major from happening.
Stupid Lebs.. They are not there to swim.. They hang around at the Wall and up in the Carparks in their 'fully sick, hottet up WRX's bro,' perving on hot aussie chicks, who they will never have a chance with, in their adidas tracksuits. Hopefully something does happen, so they piss off back to Bankstown and all those areas.. Or even better, back to where they came from.. What more, they all get wiped off the face of the earth.. Dickheads.

7th Sign

HSC
this was going on like 2 years ago mates been in fights with lebs their heaps...

soo old now..sad about the life savers but...

HSC
pete_mate said:
them attacking volunteer lifesavers is so incredibly wrong, your average lebanese teenager will bash people up in gangs all day, yet a surf life saver has to undergoe a shitload of training, and do an all-day patrol of the beach, unpaid.
my god, someone who respects us! im a clubbie and if people are swimming in a rip and you tell them to move in the flags u get abuse yelled at you! Respect for pete:)

HSC
aaaman said:
what shits me is the sms says its all wogs when i know alot of croatians who are coming on sunday that wanna beat the shit out of the lebs.
what makes me angry is when people see a valiant they say "fully sick wog car". a valiant is an auzzie car. just cause paulie has a val doesnt mean its a wog car!!!!! so stop saying it to my car too. auzzie muscle, not lebanon muscle. idiots!

danieljarvis

HSC
if i was born in the middle east to my immigrated australian parents, and i hung out with a bunch of friends in the same situation as i am in and we got in a fight with some arabs over something stupid, regardless of who started what etc, i would absolutely expect the middle eastern media to name us as a group of caucasions or what not... i really don't think that's racist at all by the sydney media

zeek

HSC
What time is the fight actually gonna happen? i wanna wake up in time to see it

Hanzo

HSC
i remember back in high school my asian friends were always having fights with lebs/arabs/wogs

but der was neva n e trouble with aussies..

dis tells me that aussies r nice .. and not trouble makers..

i like aussies..

peace^^

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
r3v3ng3 said:
there isnt gonna be a fight. The police will swoop over the area like flies of shit.

plus i daught after so much publicity of the even , the same ethinic people will come to that same place.

7.62 BOS

Banned
HSC
r3v3ng3 said:
12 noonish, but I doubt anything will happen. Too many cops. If there are fights they'll be quickly stopped by the cops and the combatants arrested.

zeek

HSC
doubt it 7.62
If it's going to be almost allll of the shire then the lebs are gonna bring almost alll of Lakemba and Bankstown with them and i DOUBT that the cops would be able to stop that.

sly fly

HSC
There is good and bad in every race

Anyway, I think people will attempt to start fights but they will be stopped quickly......well atleast I hope so

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Newsflash:

Iemma steps in to protect lifesavers
December 11, 2005

THUGS who bash surf lifesavers will face 25-year jail terms under changes to sentencing laws to be made in the wake of beach violence at Cronulla.

Premier Morris Iemma told The Sunday Telegraph yesterday the tougher sentences were designed to send a strong message to troublemakers.
The move came as police, political and Muslim leaders pleaded with ethnic gangs and local youths planning retaliation to stay away from the beach.

Under the present Crimes Act, offenders found guilty of assault face jail sentences of between two and 25 years, with the length of the jail term dependent on the offender's intent and the damage caused.

The Government will amend the Act to make the offence of assaulting a lifeguard an aggravating factor, with offenders to face the tougher end of the penalty scale.

Mr Iemma said the amendment, to be made when State Parliament resumed next year, would also apply to volunteers performing community work.

Advertisement:
"Those who selflessly give up their time to save people in distress on the beach should not be considered easy targets by thugs and hooligans," he said.
About 40 police - including officers from the Operational Support Group, officers on bicycles and mounted police - spent yesterday patrolling the beach.

Hundreds of locals sported T-shirts emblazoned with the Australian flag, while others hung patriotic banners from beachfront units in an apparent gesture of solidarity.

Local surfer Daniel, 24, was pleased to see the Australian emblems on show. "This is a bit of a special weekend for us," he said.

"It's good to see everyone wearing their Aussie gear and getting together - not to fight, but just to say g'day to each other."

Daniel attributed the racial tension to terrorism.

His flatmate, Luke, 25, said locals resented large groups of visitors from the western suburbs because they trashed the beach and intimidated local women.

A heavy police presence is again expected at North Cronulla today in response to an inflammatory text message that has been potentially sent to hundreds of people. Warnings of impending drive-by shootings in the area have been circulating on the Internet.

Sydney Islamic youth leader Fadi Rahmen said the Muslim community was just as opposed to the violence as Cronulla residents.

He said Cronulla had been popular with Muslim families for many years, but many of them were too frightened to visit the beach now because of the threat of abuse.

Last edited:

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
I was told 300 police will be there, and to my surpirse I was also told the Australian army was gonna be there...lol

Does anyone know if this is true?

sly fly

HSC
Hmm no I think ppl will attempt to start physical fights. In fact, if a massive police presence wasn't the case then I think it would get really really ugly......like people would get shot etc

The shire may outnumber lebs, but I don't think too many average Australians would go - maybe just the rednecks.....whereas alot of lebs will probably turn up.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
my mates and i went to the pools this afternoon, one of em's lebanese but like one of the decent ones, and this other lebo start talking to him and like his talking about cronulla and my mate is just nodding and the lebo goes 'fkn im gonna go up there bro and defend the lebos and bash me some aussies' i was horrified at how stupid someone can get. All my woggy friends think the lebos that bashed the life savers are fkn scummy and this ignorant lebo doesnt care, he just wants to 'defend the lebos and bash some aussies' how fkn stupid...it was merrylands pools so the lebo was probably from merrylands high school, if thats the case its understandable because i know what kind of lebos go there

zeek

HSC
hiphophooray123 if you've read some of the posts in this thread, the lebo that came up to your mate is no different than the responses given

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)