Cronulla Beach Incident (1 Viewer)

Plebeian

frog12986 said:
Today Morris Iemma proclaimed that the full weight of the law would be used upon these 'vigilante groups' that intend to take the law into their own hands. However, he failed to identify the fact that if the police had of exerted the 'full force of the law' upon the antagonists (or Lebanese gangs) in the first place, then there would be no apparent need for the establishment of any form of vigilante group within the Cronulla area.
Are you suggesting that the police have caught Lebanese gangs in the process of bashing people, but have chosen to let them go? I don't really see what reason the police would have for not exerting their power on any violent antagonists, and I thought they had in fact arrested people in the last few days - I'm not sure about further back in the past.

I live in the Shire, I was at Cronulla on Thursday to see the helicopter buzzing overhead and such. My view is that anyone who is initiating violence is unwelcome. (I expect most people of whatever ethnicity would have the same view for their own neighbourhood, right across Sydney.) At the moment, it seems that more of the violence is being started by the Lebanese gangs. Consequently, I don't see a problem with ladling out more of the punishment to them. It doesn't mean all Lebanese people are inherently bad, just that these particular ones deserve punishment - as does any vigilante who initiates violence of their own.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Techie said:
Are you suggesting that the police have caught Lebanese gangs in the process of bashing people, but have chosen to let them go? I don't really see what reason the police would have for not exerting their power on any violent antagonists, and I thought they had in fact arrested people in the last few days - I'm not sure about further back in the past.

I live in the Shire, I was at Cronulla on Thursday to see the helicopter buzzing overhead and such. My view is that anyone who is initiating violence is unwelcome. (I expect most people of whatever ethnicity would have the same view for their own neighbourhood, right across Sydney.) At the moment, it seems that more of the violence is being started by the Lebanese gangs. Consequently, I don't see a problem with ladling out more of the punishment to them. It doesn't mean all Lebanese people are inherently bad, just that these particular ones deserve punishment - as does any vigilante who initiates violence of their own.
Indeed, however the problems are not confined to recent events, nor are they confined the the shores of Cronulla beach. This problem of ethinc and racial violence has existed within Sydney beaches for many years, and for Mr Iemma to identify the main current problem as these 'vigilante' groups is absurd. If the police, supported by the judiciary, had of addressed this issue previously it would not have escalated to the extent that it has now. In no way am I condoning these vigilante groups, however their emergence has only occurred due to the issues resulting from racial and cultural gangs converging upon various beaches claiming it to be their own. It is a typical knee-jerk, reactionary repsonse that has come too little too late for the state government.

Jonathan A

HSC
aaaman said:
your supporting liberial so ur point is bais and should be taken off the forum
Your point is illogical. Don't attack the messenger, attach his/her message. Everyone is biased, the fact we are arguing means we have a bias.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Jonathan A said:
Your point is illogical. Don't attack the messenger, attach his/her message. Everyone is biased, the fact we are arguing means we have a bias.
wtf you dont even live in the shire so fuck off, why dont u inner west fags go and slit your wrists. like fuck off shire, lebs + wogs business. this is the perfect example why faggots like him should not get involved bcoz they fucking dont belong here. like shire the fucking 20 km away from your shit hole so stfu and stay out of it your dirrty little hard cunt. Go and hang yourself

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
"wogs" aren't that stupid, i doubt they would turn up on sunday but maybe during the week.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
nah i think its gonna be skips n a few wogs on lebs, Croatia is putting their support for the aussies =/

malkin86

HSC
roadcone said:
people are crying racism here, but the fact is that cronulla has little problems except for the summer (essentially between nov - the middle of january) when it becomes like an add on of the western suburbs.

between these times you will also find that locals dont bother going to north or south cronulla beaches (its funny that they take over the dangerous and the crap beach) because we are abused, have things stolen and told to get off the beach because it isn't ours.
frog said:
An interesting point to note...

Today Morris Iemma proclaimed that the full weight of the law would be used upon these 'vigilante groups' that intend to take the law into their own hands. However, he failed to identify the fact that if the police had of exerted the 'full force of the law' upon the antagonists (or Lebanese gangs) in the first place, then there would be no apparent need for the establishment of any form of vigilante group within the Cronulla area.
Cronulla is usually a quiet area - the rostering people probably thought that Cronulla could cope with having 18 less police there. Maybe now they'll make it a policy to increase police numbers there during the summer.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
frog12986 said:
An interesting point to note...

Today Morris Iemma proclaimed that the full weight of the law would be used upon these 'vigilante groups' that intend to take the law into their own hands. However, he failed to identify the fact that if the police had of exerted the 'full force of the law' upon the antagonists (or Lebanese gangs) in the first place, then there would be no apparent need for the establishment of any form of vigilante group within the Cronulla area. Perhaps this political ignorance shown by Mr Iemma has to do with the fact that his seat is of course "Lakemba", and any action against factions of that community would reflect negatively in the polls...Or is this attitude a touch cynical :rolleyes:

The manner in which he walked away from the heckling at Cronulla today, ignoring the concerns of the community just confirms his weakness as a leader and politician in general. He was elected by the people, for the people...that ignorance displayed to those community members typifies the total lack of consultation and concern for community interests that is embedded within the state government ranks..
I have to agree even though I am currently a member of the ALP (although my standing is far-left). Iemma is involved with the far right faction (as well as his electorate being Lakemba) of the ALP which attracts the Muslim vote through its backward policies on emphasising the importance of religion and traditionalist views on the family and were the primary force in defeating same-sex marriage as party policy.

Iemma is a twat and he deserved to cop that shit from those locals and I will pine for Bob Carr (unlikely) to return (as he alerted the problem with these youths with the gang rapes by stating their ethnic background and all the multiculturalist-buffs went and whinged about it)...

P.S. LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT THE GANG RAPES

Last edited:

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
First off, if I hear the word "wog" being thrown anymore, I will strangle someone. Don't you dare call myself, my family and a large portion of my friends "wogs". Lets get something straight: If I, of Greek descent, call a friend with a foreign background a "wog", it is done in jest. If someone on the street (particularly an anglo-saxon) turns around and calls me a "wog", they will be on a recieving end of a bitch slap. It's a derogatory term that highly offends me and pretty much everyone I know. I'm an Aussie, my friends are Aussie, and the fact that we speak another language doesn't negate that.

Everyone needs to get over it. Do you know how many times I've experienced the shit that dickheads dish out when I'm at the beach, or shopping, or in public in general? You think that brawling is going to stop this? The fact that those kind of men are disusting scum is not going to change. They are nothings. Insignificant loudmouths that crave attention, which people should STOP giving them. Let the police handle it. You feel threatened? Go to a higher authority. All this BS is just getting in the way of the 99% of people who just want to get a tan and swim a little.

X

xeuyrawp

iwannarock said:
wow this thread is still going.

to clarify something. its not like i hate wogs because they're wogs. its just coincidence.

what i do hate are people that are violent, walk around popular night clubbish areas looking for fights, prey on the weak and vulnerable and always walk around in packs and attack smaller groups.

now from personal experience i would have to say around 80% of the male leb/middle eastern etc youth living in sydney unfortunately display the above characteristics.

so i can safely say i hate most wogs because most wogs display the above characteristics. the other 20% are fine young blokes who have managed to avoid turning into wannabe thugs and i commend them for it.

im hoping sunday proves to be entertaining. if they both wipe each other out it'd be killing to birds with one stone. now thats value!
Well said .

= Jennifer =

HSC
iwannarock said:
the other 20% are fine young blokes who have managed to avoid turning into wannabe thugs and i commend them for it.

QUOTE]

well said. I am a Lebanese Christian and i am happy that the lebanese males i know are well mannered and polite and respect others. To the fine young blokes out there keep it up!

roosterman

HSC
Can i please ask why 'wogs' are gonna get bashed when the lebs arent even wogs.

Lets get this striaght
wogs are: greek, italians, croatian not ARABS!!!!

= Jennifer =

HSC
From Wikipedia:

Wog is also a slang term in Australian English, denoting non-Anglo-Saxon Australians, usually people of Southern European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern ancestry. Specifically it implies Italians and Greeks, but also Spaniards, people from the Balkans (Croatians, Bosnians, Serbians, etc.), Portuguese, Maltese, Arabs, Turks, and Iranians. It also often includes Latin Americans grouped together with those of Spanish ancestry.

It may occasionally extend to people from other parts of Europe or the Levant. Migrants from the Netherlands sometimes refer to themselves as clog wogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wog

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
First off, if I hear the word "wog" being thrown anymore, I will strangle someone. Don't you dare call myself, my family and a large portion of my friends "wogs". Lets get something straight: If I, of Greek descent, call a friend with a foreign background a "wog", it is done in jest. If someone on the street (particularly an anglo-saxon) turns around and calls me a "wog", they will be on a recieving end of a bitch slap. It's a derogatory term that highly offends me and pretty much everyone I know. I'm an Aussie, my friends are Aussie, and the fact that we speak another language doesn't negate that.

Everyone needs to get over it. Do you know how many times I've experienced the shit that dickheads dish out when I'm at the beach, or shopping, or in public in general? You think that brawling is going to stop this? The fact that those kind of men are disusting scum is not going to change. They are nothings. Insignificant loudmouths that crave attention, which people should STOP giving them. Let the police handle it. You feel threatened? Go to a higher authority. All this BS is just getting in the way of the 99% of people who just want to get a tan and swim a little.

wow congrats for being from another country and seeing yourslef as an aussie, now if every migrant felt the same way we wouldnt have a problem. i like greeks yet i dont like wogs... but greeks used to be called [ and still are sometimes] wogs... i didnt used to understand this

so i asked my dad about it, afterall he was around during all this immigration stuff that was happening.... he said it went something like this: first off everyone called foreigners wogs as a derogitory term, so it ment like you came from greece, croatia, italy, middle-east etc.... then its like they learned that some wogs were good, like integrated well[ he made friiends with many people i.e greeks and italians he initially had a problem with] and they enriched our culture with fine foods, arts, music, language and the like... so the dilema was that they used to call the people they are now freinds with wogs... so it was like the term wog came to have two meanings,
1. a friendly person with parents or is a direct migrant from peaceful countries such as greece and italy, and other countries that itengrated well e.g croatia, serbia and a minority of arabs e.g lebanese,

2. a hateful term used to describe foreigners unwelcome in our country

so my dad said he came to use the term wog as a term of endearment with his friends and as a hateful term for those other dickhead types

the fact that some people may call you a wog does not mean that the rest of us think of you as a type 2 wog [i.e a dickhead] you consider yourself an aussie which proves my point completely... i hope type 1 wogs dont hate me when i say i hate most wogs, i am mainly aiming my hate and resentment towards those dickheads who prey on others, have an iq less than 70, and think that they are real gangstas[ when in reality if they ran into a real gangsta from Compton they would probably shit their pants]

now moving on..
who is as excited about tomorow as i am? i hope some lebs get the shit beat out of em

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The side that doesn't turn up is the side that loses face.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
there'll be cops all over the place. dont hold your breath, jack shits gonna happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)