CS Source (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Since I have my new PC I want to relive my younger days and buy CS Source and a variety of games in that genre (I loved Tac Ops too). Anyone know where to buy this now that I have a PC which can run the latest (well not that new) version of CS!

I've looked everywhere (GAME, EB, etc) but can't find it so looks like $30 off eBay is the only way to go. Any tips?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
DL via steam for a legit copy.

HSC
Uni Grad
EB has it, I got mine from there.
But if not, may as well dl it from steam.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
Eb, try Game or something like that, otherwise, dl off steam

its not that much

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Trying to find a place to buy it from. I'm old school- prefer a CD in a box kinda thing.

That, and I'm on a tight 12gb download limit per month. Also trying to find the Gold edition of Supreme Commander...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
PC isn't that hardcore lol!

But yeh I'm gonna go JB Hifi- from memory they have a lot of PC games too so hopefully can find some slightly old games. if not, Supreme Commander 2 looks ok.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
OMG....

EB sells CS Source for $39.95 on DVD (with Day of Defeat & HL Deathmatch)
EBay sells CS Source (same as above) for approx $32aud (shipped from the UK)
Steam sells the above pack for $30usd or $20usd for the base game without anything else.

Sigh. Looks like I may as well buy from EB if it's only $8 more but peace of mind it'll be here and any problems I can kick up a stink. Also worried I could get stung by activation issues on a UK version.

As for Supreme Commander 1, Game sells the gold edition (i.e. incl expansion pack) for $20 but only Liverpool and Windsor have it in stock. EB was willing to price match but only have the normal version without the SC Forged Alliance expansion pack (usual price at EB for SC1 alone is $25).

EDIT: Just realised I'm on Bigpond Cable hence the Steam servers are unmetered... therefore for $20usd, I could get CSS alone. This works out to be around $23aud. Is it worth spending another $10-20 to get Half Life 2 Deathmatch and Day of Defeat Source having never played either before. Note that it would be about $10-ish if bought online or eBay, or $17 if through EB.

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
OMG....

EB sells CS Source for $39.95 on DVD (with Day of Defeat & HL Deathmatch)
EBay sells CS Source (same as above) for approx $32aud (shipped from the UK)
Steam sells the above pack for $30usd or $20usd for the base game without anything else.

Sigh. Looks like I may as well buy from EB if it's only $8 more but peace of mind it'll be here and any problems I can kick up a stink. Also worried I could get stung by activation issues on a UK version.

As for Supreme Commander 1, Game sells the gold edition (i.e. incl expansion pack) for $20 but only Liverpool and Windsor have it in stock. EB was willing to price match but only have the normal version without the SC Forged Alliance expansion pack (usual price at EB for SC1 alone is $25).

EDIT: Just realised I'm on Bigpond Cable hence the Steam servers are unmetered... therefore for $20usd, I could get CSS alone. This works out to be around $23aud. Is it worth spending another $10-20 to get Half Life 2 Deathmatch and Day of Defeat Source having never played either before. Note that it would be about $10-ish if bought online or eBay, or $17 if through EB.
I dont think many play DoF.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Have like 10 games all bought from Steam

All you do is create a steam account, then when you go to buy, they guide you through the steps, or if you know somoene who already has steam, give them the money and gift it to you.

HSC
Uni Grad
TBH I only really wanna play CS. And AFAIK CSS has bots in it too which is even better. Looks like I'll save some coin and buy the $20usd one. Anyone here bought off Steam before?
Yeh it's easy and simple, and yes it does have bots which is heaps good.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ended up buying the $20usd Source since I don't intend to play the other games (I prefer UT for DM anyway). Also bought Commander Keen for $5usd.

But DAYMM ITS FAST TO DOWNLOAD. I'm averaging 1mb/sec+ off Bigpond servers (I'm a cable customer). Not too shabby!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)