CSSA 2005 Essays (1 Viewer)

d_a_n_z

HSC
k3tan said:
Here's the macroeconomics essay I wrote in the exam. 1000 words - absolute machine. Ended up with a 19/20. Same teacher as sunjet - tough marker!
i did this same question - and lost marks for nottalking about the environment and income (my teacher is a syllabus nazi)....did i get raughted? Do i need to in the HSC?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
d_a_n_z said:
i did this same question - and lost marks for nottalking about the environment and income (my teacher is a syllabus nazi)....did i get raughted? Do i need to in the HSC?
Imo, the essay doesn't require a discussion of the environment, in spite of the mention of "economic management". But as sunjet said, I guess you could just throw in a brief paragraph about it just to satisfy the marker. As for income distribution...I think that should be included even though it's not high on the Howard Govt's agenda at the moment (at least not a fairer distribution of income anyway :p).

d_a_n_z

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Imo, the essay doesn't require a discussion of the environment, in spite of the mention of "economic management". But as sunjet said, I guess you could just throw in a brief paragraph about it just to satisfy the marker. As for income distribution...I think that should be included even though it's not high on the Howard Govt's agenda at the moment (at least not a fairer distribution of income anyway :p).
i wrote 2.5 typed pages and got 13!! and im reading the 19/20...and my essay is the same!! My teacher is soo harsh...grr!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
d_a_n_z said:
i wrote 2.5 typed pages and got 13!! and im reading the 19/20...and my essay is the same!! My teacher is soo harsh...grr!
2.5 pages is around 1200-1500 words then I guess? I can have a look at it for you if you like, though from the sounds of it you were hard done by. Nevertheless, it's better that way than being marked leniently. Imho, the 19/20 that was posted was probably slightly fortunate to have received that. However, they do mark more leniently in the HSC so a 19 may be possible.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I wrote up a micro essay on paper of the cssa q/generic, i must admit mines pretty sexy :>

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Depends.. i've prepared globalisation, macro, micro essays that i can adapt to the question. But, there will probably be an issue essay or trade bloc or something

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Vampire said:
Prepare eco responses? Wouldn't that mean knowing crazy amounts....
Yea, which is why I wouldn't recommend it :p
Although, economics is such that you do have to prepare your response to an extent because most of it is factual as opposed to something like english.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
sunjet said:
Depends.. i've prepared globalisation, macro, micro essays that i can adapt to the question. But, there will probably be an issue essay or trade bloc or something
I hope there isn't anything on trade blocs in the extended response sections e.g. the final question in the CSSA paper. I didn't feel that there was a great deal to discuss.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I'm thinking impact of trade blocs/FTA's/financial flows on Australia honestly for some reason :S

For eco, learn statistics and trends and recent impacts because usually the content is easy to talk about.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
sunjet said:
I'm thinking impact of trade blocs/FTA's/financial flows on Australia honestly for some reason :S

For eco, learn statistics and trends and recent impacts because usually the content is easy to talk about.
I'm hoping for something along the lines of Section III of the CSSA paper...nice, fairly straight-forward questions. As for Section IV, something on industrial and labour market reforms would suit me best...if not, one or two of the major economic issues and a discussion of their relationship to the CAD and external balance.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i'd LOVE LOVE LOVE labour reforms. hurray for the workplace option in legal studies :p

Z_Nizzle

HSC
call up the HSc help line....read out an essay question and tell them to dictate an answer while u write it down. I might do that today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)