CSSA advanced mathematics- dude wtf?! (1 Viewer)

Haemolymph

Banned
HSC
My friend just wrote "no."
Her theory was that if she doesn't get the mark she'll tell the marker she thought it was obvious.

clissold

HSC
the absolute value q. find a and b
that was a wtf moment !
I did guess and check, hahahaha..

1m^3= 1000L
made a stupid mistake in the chem test regarding this, not in this one :D
i think i got 26.3 kL though, anyone else got that?
yeah something like that, although I cant remember much..

omg F*(%&$, I divided 26.3 by 1000. >< not a good day.

did anyone get a corrected qs for this question? Apparently the original was worded wrongly.
yeah we had a new question pasted over the top haha..

for the particle question when it asked if it ever goes back to origin.
i wrote no as the velocity is never 0 (actually it is but when t= a negative)and for the particle to change direction, velocity has to be 0.
anyone confirm or get something else?
I wrote no, with no explanation though coz I ran out of time..

My friend just wrote "no."
Her theory was that if she doesn't get the mark she'll tell the marker she thought it was obvious.
I wrote "No, because it just doesnt" since I ran out of time and just for the LOLs

Vidhya

HSC
The university fund question,,,,i don't even :angryfire: It actually didn't make sense because when I worked it out, the highest power for 10000 I got after 3 years was 2. Because it said the scholarship was only awarded from the second year the fund had been invested. So how can it have a power of 3 after 3 years of the investment if the scholarship only starts on the second year!?
Sorry i got a bit frustrated there haha, but did anyone else have that problem? Or was it just my stupidity?

mnm2envy

HSC
t cannot be negative as a negative inside ln gives math error...the equation was 2ln(4/3t+1)+2 therefore as t approaches infinity, the equation becomes 0+2=2, therefore velocity must always be greater than or equal to 2m's. ie never changes direction :)

Last edited:

anne1010

HSC
The university fund question,,,,i don't even :angryfire: It actually didn't make sense because when I worked it out, the highest power for 10000 I got after 3 years was 2. Because it said the scholarship was only awarded from the second year the fund had been invested. So how can it have a power of 3 after 3 years of the investment if the scholarship only starts on the second year!?
Sorry i got a bit frustrated there haha, but did anyone else have that problem? Or was it just my stupidity?
lol thats what i thought aswell so the first time i did it the highest power of 10000 for the third year was 2, but since thats not how they wanted it in (a) i just did it the they awarded it before the second year (although contradicts the question) and used that formula from there on

maths94

HSC
ahahaha should have listen huh, I told you guys, start of the year, like 14th January that you would be shitting yourself come trials, you would have been better off with a tutor (mental insurance as some have put it) . Well, enjoy failing lolololol
shut up domehhh and eat ur rice

umz93

HSC
ahahaha should have listen huh, I told you guys, start of the year, like 14th January that you would be shitting yourself come trials, you would have been better off with a tutor (mental insurance as some have put it) . Well, enjoy failing lolololol
Dude the hsc is still to come! I know for a fact that at my school a lot of people have performed poorly in the trials only to ace the actual HSC (im talking about 88+!)

Psychology

HSC
Dude the hsc is still to come! I know for a fact that at my school a lot of people have performed poorly in the trials only to ace the actual HSC (im talking about 88+!)
I'm not in your school though? :)

failwhale

HSC
lol @ the friggen q10 probability,

went so blank on it D:

overall was a hard test (school made us do the 2u test and moved our 4u to next wed)

umz93

HSC
I said it to the guy who keeps telling everyone they are going to fail the hsc. Also it was to show people that as long as you try hard in the hsc anything is possible. My school is only ranked ~130, although i must admit for maths our ranking is really high, i think we came first in the state in 2009.

lolJK

HSC
lol @ the friggen q10 probability,

went so blank on it D:

overall was a hard test (school made us do the 2u test and moved our 4u to next wed)

LOL, a 4u person saying it was hard? We are all fucked! ;)

HeLLRaYz0r

HSC
this response is so surprising lol
im like soooo shit at mathematics but that test was easy for me :S
maybe i wrote all the wrong answers >__>

All in all, if i don't get ANY stupid mistakes (a big if- every test is like 20 marks worth of retard mistakes) i could pull off a 98! :D

clry

HSC
this response is so surprising lol
im like soooo shit at mathematics but that test was easy for me :S
maybe i wrote all the wrong answers >__>

All in all, if i don't get ANY stupid mistakes (a big if- every test is like 20 marks worth of retard mistakes) i could pull off a 98! :D
I vote different paper. :)

HeLLRaYz0r

HSC
lmaooo yeh maybe
its probably because our school usually makes the HARDEST tests ever.
Very centred on math - i think we come first in the state or something for 3U
and compared to previous tests, this wasnt all that because it was a legitimate HSC similar paper
but our next trial is the independent which is like UBER GAY

HeLLRaYz0r

HSC
oh and btw im new to this and kind of retarded
how do i show my subjects at the bottom of posts and stuff ?

Vidhya

HSC
I said it to the guy who keeps telling everyone they are going to fail the hsc. Also it was to show people that as long as you try hard in the hsc anything is possible. My school is only ranked ~130, although i must admit for maths our ranking is really high, i think we came first in the state in 2009.
So will the HSC be more difficult than these papers? And I suppose everyone is less prepared for the trials than the real thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)