Cssa biology (1 Viewer)

Render777

HSC
N/A
Can someone upload the paper if they get their hands on it? Also anyone know where I can get past CSSA bio papers?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely not, you will so get done due to copyright .

JBee

HSC
Was it just me or was that at least an hour too long? I finished with 1hr 15 mins to go and I took my sweet time with some of the longer ones
Yeah i finished with about 55 mins to go and took my time the whole way through... looking around it seemed as if everyone else in my class did too

Was a really straightforward paper I was so happy :)

vanster12

HSC
The answer was endothermic ^ .. Test was pretty easy hoping for 90+ all depends on that 8 marker. I wrote about epidemiological studies for that questions but apparently something to do with sex linkage of something.??.. Is anyone able to clarify what that question was supposed to be about?
Isn't the answer homeostasis and then for the next question, you'd talk about it being endothermic + the stuff it does to regulate temp? Cus the first question was something about what temp regulation process it does, not what the creature was..? Im not sure :L

vanster12

HSC
What was the answer to that multiple choice about the dead leaf experiment? I'm almost certain that it's not part of the syllabus that we need to know about destruction or partial testings? or whatever that is... all the chem kids said it was 'destruction' though :L

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
What was the answer to that multiple choice about the dead leaf experiment? I'm almost certain that it's not part of the syllabus that we need to know about destruction or partial testings? or whatever that is... all the chem kids said it was 'destruction' though :L
yep I think thats the one we got a different mc for

not sure why

we've done all three cores

vanster12

HSC
yep I think thats the one we got a different mc for

not sure why

we've done all three cores
Oh so you guys got it amended? Hectic, I can appeal! haha nah cus it's a maintaining balance quesiton but as part of the syllabus we didn't learn anything about destruction/partial tests - only chemistry does that... so yeah.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Thought it was good exam, found it quite easy to fluke in certain sections

Hated the communications sections which was done by school teacher, expecting to lose marks here

hoping for 75-85 maybe?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh so you guys got it amended? Hectic, I can appeal! haha nah cus it's a maintaining balance quesiton but as part of the syllabus we didn't learn anything about destruction/partial tests - only chemistry does that... so yeah.
yeah we got it amended

was it q12??

I don't remember doing the leaf question so it seems familiar

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I dont think thats on the syllabus either lol
Don't remember learning that

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
In correspondence to chem it would be destructive testing since the sample cannot be reversed into its original chemical composition. Also it cannot be reused. Hence destructive testing.

Candidate

HSC
yeah we got it amended

was it q12??

I don't remember doing the leaf question so it seems familiar
That leaf question was so retarded. I got it right (my bio teacher confirmed the answer was [a] destruction), but I had never even heard of those types of experiments before.

I found that pedigree question was the hardest mc.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Recessive.
fuck yes, I write that too, my teacher said it was recessisive.

Before the exam, my teacher gave us a clue about the scientist Menal and Franklin and their contribution to genetics. What did you guys, say about the ii) of the question of mendal and franklin, the question, something about there work.

The MC, was that answer effector, where it was this diagram, with rise the and decreasing water level.

Explain the relation between DNA, polypeptite and protein synthesis. This is exactly one of the questions, what did you guys write.

The questions about, use an example explain how mutation in DNA cause change in phenotype. What did you have to say about this, is it got to do about the change in enzyme activity, this causes the change. I said something like this,

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Are you sure the answer isn't D) sex-linked, or A) dominant or B) co-dominant, these were the other options. I put recessive as will, just a guess.
Edit: I don't trust my bio teacher, so I make my own notes, learn them.

moocow920

HSC
Are you sure the answer isn't D) sex-linked, or A) dominant or B) co-dominant, these were the other options. I put recessive as will, just a guess.
It can't have been dominant because two parents without the trait had a child with the trait, and it can't have been co dominant because we were only looking at one trait, and also because we know it was recessive due to the reason above

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)