CSSA Economics Trial (1 Viewer)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
So, how'd you all find it?

I thought the entire thing was straightforward. The essays were a blessing, I chose Q25 and Q28

The short answers were straightforward, even if Labour Market isn't a forte of mine.

Multiple choice were fine too, though the 1st question made me think for ages before it clicked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE FROM THE MODERATORS
We would love to hear how you went in your trials after you have completed them, but to keep it fair please keep in mind not to give out the actual questions from the papers (as they will just be removed) as some students may do the same paper as you at a different date.

Last edited by a moderator:

2006hsc

HSC
how could you choose Q28 over Q27!? Q27 was so easy....and btw people havnt done their trials yet and you just helped them out a bit.

but anyway i got the first mpc wrong! but i think overall i did ok

the stuff on the new labour reform laws was a bit hard...but i think i wrote enough bs to get my marks for it

cjkim88

HSC
Re: Class of 2006: Roll Call

w00t! finished the eco test! did better than expected for 1 day worth of cramming like mad! now time for english modules... zzz

klaw

HSC
I thought it was pretty easy. I didn't write enough on the essays though.

replayee

HSC
was pretty predictable apart from the labour market part.

^^^ i dont think they were specifically relating to the new labour market reforms as the question seemed general enough to be able to talk about the old and new system.

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
The Catholic was trial was very difficult. I thought the past few HSC papers were easier than that paper.Essays were ok though.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
2sense said:
The Catholic was trial was very difficult. I thought the past few HSC papers were easier than that paper.Essays were ok though.
What parts did you find difficult?

robbiek

HSC
heyz yeah the trial was heaps easy.. except for that first multiple choice question but as for the rest of the paper.. it was a breeze!

endofdroad

HSC
i hate those multiple choices! i didnt understand what they were talking about!

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
ACk, i did question 26-27 for the esasys. For 5 pgs for 26 and 4 for Q27

ARCGH! i didn't mention distribution of income in 26!

And what was the first MC question again? Maybe i go that wrong too...

And the timeing was crap to, when the RBA will announce their decision of interest rates AFTER the trial. ARGH!

-P_D

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan-job

HSC
The labour market was the only one that got me.. i did question 25 and 27.. ahha q1 multiple choise was piss easy

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I must say that it was pretty straightforward overall, could have spent a bit more time on the last section essay (Q28). The first multiple choice definitely had me thinking for a moment...

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Damn labour market crap (**(^*^*&(

The rest wasn't too bad though. I expected much worst from the extended response.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I cant even remember what the first question was...could someone please refresh my memory..? I must have thought it was ok if I cant remember it...:(

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
I chose the answer 'price stability, full employment, sustained economic growth'.

I won't post the question, it's taboo and causes cancer; apparently.

It wasn't that the question was hard, its more that the answer wasn't immediately obvious like most early MC questions are. It required a pause and thought. It's probably a good thing since it stopped me from trailblazing the MC's and making mistakes.

Last edited:

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
For those who forgot, the first multiple choice was:

Q: What are the RBA's main objectives of monetary policy?
A. Exchange rate stability, full employment and external stability
B. Sustained economic growth, exchange rate stability and more equal distribution of income
C. Price stability, full employment and sustained economic growth
D. External stability, price stability and more equal distribution of income.

Like ScottyG, I chose C.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
nickyroony said:
For those who forgot, the first multiple choice was:

Q: What are the RBA's main objectives of monetary policy?
A. Exchange rate stability, full employment and external stability
B. Sustained economic growth, exchange rate stability and more equal distribution of income
C. Price stability, full employment and sustained economic growth
D. External stability, price stability and more equal distribution of income.

Like ScottyG, I chose C.
Wow that's an incredible memory you've got there. A is the only other seemingly-logical choice, but having 'exchange rate stability' and 'external stability' is redundant since exchange rate stability is a part of external stability. Plus, no monetary policy is complete without an inflation-objective (price stability).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)