• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CSSA IPT 2003 Trial (1 Viewer)

Azn fairies

how do u poeple study IPT.. unlike other subjects. it's hareder to grip the concept and a lot to learn.. how do u poeple study for IPT?? just do a lot of past paper and memeroise the answers or what??. help.

craz

HSC
IPT is probably the easiest to study. I mean i use to have trouble studying it, but if u reread the stuff, take notes, do past exam papers it all makes sense. on the other hand some ppl do well by memorising the whole textbook, but i mean everything studies differently. cos IPT is so theortical i tend to learn definitions well cos they always ask for definitions (every time!) but another way is to look at it from a practical view. i.e. im sitting in front of a computer like clicking this is a hyperlink etc. hope this helps!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Very true craz.
Everybody studies differently.

The most important 'kind' of study is effective study, and if you don't know (by this stage) what kind of study habits you have, how well you can study in X, Y, Z circumstances, then there's a problem.

Having said that, I agree with craz.
IPT is one of the easiest subjects to study for, but the exams themselves will deviate from 'theory' into more along the lines of theory in practice/applications of theory and theory components.

As craz has also said, viewing a problem from a practical point of view will help you in finding a solution. I tend to think about the logistics of a problem, after reasoning with 'textbook' definitions. Always start off an answer/response with some form of grounding, and a definition helps to focus your response around strong foundations (definitions).

Start off by quoting a definition, and interlinking that definition into the scenario/problem. Reiterate the 'why' after speaking about the 'how'. The 'what' should be your first line, followed by 'how' -- and eventually 'why'. (This is just like English ;))

rx72c

IPT has got to be one of the best subjects in the HSC. It requires you to be both theoritical and practical sometimes and i like this because the dicks in my class who are retards and only know how to learn chapters of by heart and not understand anything dont get good marks.

This subject requires you to think a little more than other subjects, i find it pretty interesting as i work in this field almost everyday, some of it is BS but still i think iTS COOl

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huss
and thats y the highest mark u ever got was 70 something right :D
Ouch...

rx72c

Hey hassan, acutally if you seem to have forgotten, my highest mark 85%, think, oh yeh forgot you got 51%

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
Hey hassan, acutally if you seem to have forgotten, my highest mark 85%, think, oh yeh forgot you got 51%
This is getting personal... let's not continue along this train of thought?

A: OMG you suck!
B: No, you're the one that sucks... who was it that got x %?
A: Haha what about the time when you scored ....
B: Who was it that...?

C: Break it up guys! :)

rx72c

HAHA huy, its just a joke man, he always teases me and i always tease him, nothing serious. He goes to my school.

Huy

HSC
N/A
HAHA huy, its just a joke man, he always teases me and i always tease him, nothing serious. He goes to my school.
LOL! I see...

sorry rx,
I once had a guy from my school (tigerboi) come in and "ruin things" LOL. It was pretty tense, but I didn't really think he was joking, so I kind of took it personally.

LOL...and he's my friend, goes to my school, we tease each other sometimes, and it isn't serious, but on the Internet, anything can be misconstrued. :)

rx72c

Nah hassan is a top bloke and would never ruin things even though i cant see what he could possibly do.
Yeh things can be different on the internet, and according to our IPT book, the issue of misinterpretation arises

Huy

HSC
N/A
and according to our IPT book, the issue of misinterpretation arises
Yes it does, the dangers of misinterpretation, an issue relating to communication systems ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
See this is one good example of how easy IPT is, it can be related to every day things.
So can Physics ...and Maths ... and English LOL :p
Applications of mathematics = Physics
Applied Physics = involves Maths
English = our language

I know what you're meaning to say though,
(I can be an ass sometimes... but my jokes dont *always* get a laugh and it backfires lol... :))

Last edited:

rx72c

The reason i dont agree about english, is cause there are people who dont go to school and can communicate perfectly fine.

Huy

HSC
N/A
The reason i dont agree about english, is cause there are people who dont go to school and can communicate perfectly fine.
Hehe, maybe not English then :)
But it is a universal language, and language is the key to the successful transfer of thoughts, exchange of ideas, and essentially communication itself.

Unless, of course, we're using body language and other forms of conveying information/understanding, etc.

:D :)

Huss

HSC
N/A
just for the record my highest is 61% not 51% :p...but hopefully if i study hard enuf i shall get much higher.........btw rx dont forget our english marx :D

Nah hassan is a top bloke and would never ruin things even though i cant see what he could possibly do.
i wouldnt hurt a fly :D...thanx for the complement rx72c :)

Last edited:

rx72c

Bro i was jokin around hassan, anyway hassan youll get 80% easily just study for this exam not like the other exams were you walk in the exam with a blank face, if you need any help you know were to find me.

Huss

HSC
N/A
Bro i was jokin around hassan, anyway hassan youll get 80% easily just study for this exam not like the other exams were you walk in the exam with a blank face, if you need any help you know were to find me.
thanx bro :)

rx72c

Hassan did i tell ya, raced a 350z, FUCK THOSE THINGS ARE FREAKIN FAST !!!, still beat him but only by a little bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)