Cssa mx2 (1 Viewer)

HSC
post thoughts on this exam

personally, i need some help. i'm very weak on mechanics and harder 3U (we finished the course 1 day before trials began) so i'm not sure on how i should cram tomorrow. any suggestions?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Mechanics isn't too bad - find past paper questions. Harder 3U, imo theres no point studying for this because it really depends on how quickly you interpret it (more cognitive thinking than anything else).

HSC
yeah i'm probs not gonna do anything for harder 3u. and i understand mechanics isn't as difficult as people say so, only problem is my class just finished it off a day before trials. so you can imagine im pretty much clueless on the conical pendulum and circular motion on a banked track

horsefreak

HSC
Im really weak at mechanics; we havent done the physical applications to calculus yet in three unit.
besides im coming last out of 4 ppl, mind you their all getting 90s+ and im barely getting 60.

khfreakau

HSC
our school is setting up these study afternoon things where we're going to do cssa maths papers under exam conditions but it won't count to our rankings. I'm looking forward to it, I enjoy doing CSSA papers.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
our school is setting up these study afternoon things where we're going to do cssa maths papers under exam conditions but it won't count to our rankings. I'm looking forward to it, I enjoy doing CSSA papers.
CSSA papers are the best bcuz u no it has the whole 4U course so u can just study everything.

but my skool fuked me over so bad. we hadnt done harder 3U yet, so i didnt do any of the questions in past exam papers related to it. but they still put in some of the harder 3U stuff under the pretence that it is from the 3U course.

khfreakau

HSC
haha my maths teacher is on the examination committee for CSSA mx2 this year. he's writing our 3u trial and he writes fucking hard tests. just a heads up LOL. when's the exam this year?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
haha my maths teacher is on the examination committee for CSSA mx2 this year. he's writing our 3u trial and he writes fucking hard tests. just a heads up LOL. when's the exam this year?
is this the same guy who wrote ur half yearly this year that u uploaded for me earlier this year?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
ill upload it when i get it bak. it was a good test overall. the annoying thing was i used like 200 pieces of paper and at the end had to stay back to look for each question lol, so i couldnt talk to my friends about how they went.

Dylanamali

HSC
scared for this paper..

What's an approximate raw mark for E3 and E4?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
haha how'd you guess? :p yeah, that trial was hard, and i'm expecting nothing less for cssa :p
i guessed bcuz some of the questions from the half yearly were present in that paper.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
scared for this paper..

What's an approximate raw mark for E3 and E4?
iirc the CSSA paper is similar in difficulty to the actual HSC, so if you want to get a band six you should be aiming for about 70-76 in this paper depending on difficulty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)