CSSA trial extension 1 (1 Viewer)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
y=x is not an asymptote....thats the reflection line thing

you know how the inverse and normal function are symmetrical along the y=x line ...thats why he has it there.

morjoel

HSC
Man that was a shocker.

I heard the motion quesiton at the end of q6 was actually almost exactly like one in our 4u book which was written by Denise and Graham Arnold, who both wrote this test. Coincidence? Unfair!!

So i lost about 5 marks off that, about 8 marks off Q7, and another 5 here and there.

So maybe about 75% i hope..

I think that is an okay mark for this :)

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

Buiboi said:
i had a different graph?

wasnt the minimum like the intial which was like 100 or something at t=0
so it was like 300-200e0???

this one?

filo_romz

HSC
Buiboi said:
i had a different graph?

wasnt the minimum like the intial which was like 100 or something at t=0
so it was like 300-200e0???
yeah .. this is what i got for that question

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

Hikari Clover said:
shouldn't the graph look like this?

o_O

I had f(x) starting from (0,1) and approaching eastwards towards the x axis for my answer. Which could make my inverse graph start from (1,0) and approaching upwards towards the y axis.

For the decay question, I sub'ed N=200 and rearranged the formula in terms of e-kt. Then I differentiated N in terms of t, sub'ed in dN/dt = 10 and rearranged it in terms of e-kt again. Then equated both to find k. I'm fairly confident in my answer for that, but can't remember what my final answer it tho >.>;

For the graph part of the decay question, I labelled the y axis N and the x axis t. Then I drew a line beginning from N=100 and t=0 and made it approach the N=300 asymptote in a concave down fashion

EDIT: Lol, wow, you guys drew graphs for them. I see dedication ^.^

Man that was a shocker.

I heard the motion quesiton at the end of q6 was actually almost exactly like one in our 4u book which was written by Denise and Graham Arnold, who both wrote this test. Coincidence? Unfair!!
That's kinda a tradition, you know :S BOS always pulls out something from 4U in the 3U exams. But hey, they do give you clues as to how to solve them, unlike in the 4U exams x.x;

Last edited:

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

ohohoh

im wrong..
i worked out (0,1) was the started point but i sketch from (1,1)........

what the f***

bec.jay

HSC

can someone else PLEASE tell me they struggled?
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh. this hurts.
:burn:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Wow, that must suck >.<;

But that suggests you got the calculation part right, so you'll at least get some marks

can someone else PLEASE tell me they struggled?
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh. this hurts.
Well, the majority of my class complained at the end of the exam, if that helps? o_O;

bec.jay

HSC
& you do 4U ? yeah that makes me feel a little better hahah
oh i dont know our 4u kids were lke omg that was like so good,
and its like :confused:
so i dont know.
everyones apparently complaining bout binomial theorem. we havent even finished the course!
lots of respect for our school i must say
haha

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
bec.jay said:
& you do 4U ? yeah that makes me feel a little better hahah
oh i dont know our 4u kids were lke omg that was like so good,
and its like :confused:
so i dont know.
everyones apparently complaining bout binomial theorem. we havent even finished the course!
lots of respect for our school i must say
haha
Expect some 4U orientated questions. BOS these days are just splashing into 3U exams some 4U questions. The upside is that at least you guys have clues to getting the answer. For example, that integration question asked you guys to solve u2/(1+u2) before leading you into the next question. So in a way, 3U kids are doing some 4U questions, but are given more clues as to how to answer them, unlike us during 4U exams x.x;

sh1n1gam1

HSC
That exam was hardish.

That circle geo question in question1 really pissed me off. =____________=

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
sh1n1gam1 said:
That exam was hardish.

i spent 20 mins on that...... LITERALLY 20 FUKN MINS.....
usually i finish CSSA 3u tests in under an hour 10 mins ...... for this one .... i finished wit 20 mins to spare and i spent dose last mins on dat question.... WAT KINDA QUESTION IS THAT TO PUT FOR QUESTION 1?

hopefully ill get low 90's maybe high 80's........ bye bye 98 average :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Last edited:

Hikari Clover

HSC

lbell34 said:
hey everyone. my 3u is tomoz- and my crazy school is giving us the catholic trial (yes- after everyone else has already done it!) any tips??
how come~~~not fair~~~~

ok,plz read through the previous pages of this thread......

+cambridge book 3u p203

Hikari Clover

HSC

wrxsti said:
i spent 20 mins on that...... LITERALLY 20 FUKN MINS.....
usually i finish CSSA 3u tests in under an hour 10 mins ...... for this one .... i finished wit 20 mins to spare and i spent dose last mins on dat question.... WAT KINDA QUESTION IS THAT TO PUT FOR QUESTION 1?

hopefully ill get low 90's maybe high 80's........ bye bye 98 average :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

lucky to us,we did a very easy probability Qs to replace it:)

gotheswanz

HSC

Im hoping i went alright. the only really hard question in the test was 7b but that can be expected from the last question i guess. 7a however was ok, it all just seemed to work.=)

i mean wat the hell was that binomial!!!!! there was n's k's and r's flying everywhere as well as a couple of t's and on top of that a long sum

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
sh1n1gam1 said:
That exam was hardish.

You serious? o_O

Part 1 was easy, one angle was the external angel of a cyclic quad, hence those two were the same.

For part 2, since you're given that two triangles are similar, their angles must be the same. Let's say angle 1 and angle 2 are the same. There is an angle somewhere that is alternate to angle 2 and is subtended by the same arc that produced angle 1. And since the alternate angles are equal, AB is parallel to CD. Sorry that I can't give you more details: I've forgotten the question, unless someone still remembers ATM? >.<;

i mean wat the hell was that binomial!!!!! there was n's k's and r's flying everywhere as well as a couple of t's and on top of that a long sum
Lol, yeah, my school hasn't taught binomial yet, but looking at it made me sick x.x; I'm so glad the replacement question was some insanely simple 3D trig question XD

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Chinmoku03 said:
You serious? o_O

Part 1 was easy, one angle was the external angel of a cyclic quad, hence those two were the same.
I was halfway through writing the answer to number one when it was pens down and I was front row centre so I couldn't finish :(

bassguy

HSC
Our trial must have been really different, it said it was based on the CSSA paper but I don't recognise a lot of this stuff.
Ours was hell hard though. Should be able to get high 80s low 90s, but its not what I'm used to in Maths.

xoxo

HSC
wow
it was disgusting
i looked at Q1 part a and i went blank. i was like wtf i cant do this. thankgod it was only a partial mind blank coz i went back to it later and got it out easily.
i dont think out of 84 marks i got like 50. no joke. i started adding them up and got to about 40 and then i went and attempted some more
i think i would have got more marks had i NOT sat the exam
please remind me why i chose 3u maths?
is it too late to drop?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)