CSSA Trial (1 Viewer)

dandel26

HSC
Two idiots in my class gave up after half an hour, stupid retards. Then they spent the remaining 2.5 hours making animal noises and sleeping

danni a

HSC
pompeii -- was alrite...guessed it was bakery so that was cool

new kingdom egypt -- hmm ok except for role of royal women question

hatshepust -- .... oh dear bad section hopefully scrape some marks

julio claudians -- yeh seemed alrite

Shellie-Anne

HSC
Ok.....

Section 1: Pompeii was pretty breezey, except for the first question. I did not know what that building was.

Section 2: Sparta: I dont know who the Alcum guy was. I didnt get that question in the paper. My teacher rewrote that section as we haven't learnt some of the things in the corse yet.

Section 3: Cleopatra VII: That was good. Nothing too hard there. I did Cleo's relationship with Mark Antony for the last question. There's more in that relationship. Manner and impact of her death is a good one too. You can debate wheter the asp story is true, as Cassius Dio says that it may not be.

Section 4: Fall of the Roman Republic: That was alright. I did the role of the senate question. I figured that you could put anything you want in there. I would have been alright at Cicero, but i did role of the senate.

s

jodipodi

HSC
i didnt think it was too bad. i knew who alcman was cause its on the syllabus.
only part where i was a little lost was on the pompeii part. i read through all my notes but the part on economy this morning so i knew nothing but its basically common sense anyway.
xerxes question was good...thought the greece 500-440BC was a bit gayass. the second question on greece 500-440: i remember looking at the syllabus point yesterday and going i have no notes on that! oh well! :p did the first question instead. lol.

Cat_Orange

HSC
Well, it was easier than I thought it would be but it was still hard.

The teacher made up Section One because we hadn't finished Pompeii and Herculaneum by the time the trials rolled up. It wasn't hard, it was just remembering people's names and what ancient thingymabobs were.

Section Two - Athens in the Time of Pericles - wasn't exceptionally hard but the last question on architecture got me, which I thought was stupid because it was worth the most marks.

Section Three - Pericles - consisted mostly of unstructured bullshit on all that I could remember on the man. I really do despise Pericles with a passion.

Section Four - Greek World: 500-440 - was by far the worst for everyone in my class. I did the one on Salamis and Plataea because I couldn't remember anything on Sparta. Half my class came out of the exam going: Plataea was that one where the Spartan King martyred himself, right? Oh, no, wait... that was Thermopylae - oh, shit.

For once, though, I'm glad the exam was 3 hours long. It gave me time to go back to each section and add something extra that hopefully gave me more marks. Althought I'm not holding my breath for an amazing overall mark, but I will be extremely happy with 80%. (But it'll be more like 70%)

gorgeousjai

HSC
would anyone be able to scan the paper and either send it to me or put it in the resource section on here?! thanks

mattonline

HSC
gorgeousjai said:
would anyone be able to scan the paper and either send it to me or put it in the resource section on here?! thanks
Yeah... me too please.My teacher actually wants a copy,but ill use it too.

Apparently can't be posted due to copyright, but if it can be scanned and emailed to me i'd be grateful.my email address(just click on my profile))

Last edited:

fishy89sg

HSC
pLEASE can someone write down the sparta and/or hatshepsut Qs down pls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)