Cssa Trials... (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
he collaborated with other scientists so that they could get more optimum results in cracking and purifying propylene.

nit

HSC
the easiet thing is to make up a type of chemist as opposed to any specific names and make up a few roles. It's not that hard. Bsing about chromatography is pretty simple.

Pointy Ears

HSC
i find it amusing that simply 'identifying' a scientist would get u a mark wen it is obvioius that a lot of people would be making it up. The teachers couldnt srsly be going around trying to verify whether such a scientist exsted.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Pointy Ears said:
i find it amusing that simply 'identifying' a scientist would get u a mark wen it is obvioius that a lot of people would be making it up. The teachers couldnt srsly be going around trying to verify whether such a scientist exsted.
I somehow doubt that they would ask for a specific scientist in the HSC exam, for that very reason. And as I said in an earlier post, I think it's the most trivial part of the syllabus...

Haku

nit said:
the easiet thing is to make up a type of chemist as opposed to any specific names and make up a few roles. It's not that hard. Bsing about chromatography is pretty simple.
lol, i bsed a name, and made him the screener for the water filtration process,

now i think about it i dun think scientists does that, as screening just remove dead animals and large shit in water...wtf
hope teacher wouldn;t mind...

anywayz what is chromatography. never heard of it. please explain to me

ar3nbe

HSC
Just wondering, if i made up a chemist that i studied in the HSC, would i still get marks for it. Its not like there gonna go find out of there real or not, lol. Just curious

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ar3nbe said:
Just wondering, if i made up a chemist that i studied in the HSC, would i still get marks for it. Its not like there gonna go find out of there real or not, lol. Just curious
I doubt you would lose marks, coz the examiners wouldn't go and verify that every chemist mentioned is real...that said, I also doubt that they would ask it in the first place (in the actual HSC exam) for that very reason.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Out of curiousity, what sort of mark in this trial would indicate the possibility of achieving a band 6?

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I'm assuming that since you're discussing the exam, there's no 'security' period.To be honest I haven't bothere the wade through the 13 pages, so sorry if this has been asked before, but were you allowed to remove the papers from the exam room. I have my chemistry exam on Thursday (my teacher has compiled it himself) and I'd like some past papers to do, although I've already worked through the past HSC papers, and I think that CSSA papers would be the best things to move onto as they'll be as close to the real thing as you can get. So anyway, can I get a hold of any past CSSA papers from 2003 onwards?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Pointy Ears said:
Out of curiousity, what sort of mark in this trial would indicate the possibility of achieving a band 6?
It's hard to say because the exams change in difficulty from year to year. To get an accurate raw band cut-off you'd actually have to sit down and compare it with the set of standard set by BOS. However, given that the 2005 CSSA paper was quite reasonable I'm assuming that it would be aligned similarly to past HSC papers. The MC section was slightly more difficult than in past HSC papers...so maybe ~77-80/100 would have got you a Band 6. Don't take my word for it though as I have no solid evidence to back my estimate up with...I emphasise this last point.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Danni07 said:
I'm assuming that since you're discussing the exam, there's no 'security' period.To be honest I haven't bothere the wade through the 13 pages, so sorry if this has been asked before, but were you allowed to remove the papers from the exam room. I have my chemistry exam on Thursday (my teacher has compiled it himself) and I'd like some past papers to do, although I've already worked through the past HSC papers, and I think that CSSA papers would be the best things to move onto as they'll be as close to the real thing as you can get. So anyway, can I get a hold of any past CSSA papers from 2003 onwards?
Unfortunately I don't have a scanner so I can't post up any papers. Try the Resources section on Bored of Studies...there are quite a few trial papers, though I'm not sure if they're CSSA papers.

xx__savannah

HSC
Hm, my Chem teacher today was saying that if there was a name of a scientist they hadn't heard before or something, they would check it. So is she bsing? Or is it just a safe thing to say considering the chances of it being in a HSC are v. unlikely, trying to dicourage the slackers in my class from making one up this year and re-using it next year (accelerated class)?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
xx__savannah said:
Hm, my Chem teacher today was saying that if there was a name of a scientist they hadn't heard before or something, they would check it. So is she bsing? Or is it just a safe thing to say considering the chances of it being in a HSC are v. unlikely, trying to dicourage the slackers in my class from making one up this year and re-using it next year (accelerated class)?
I would say it's unlikely that they would examine it at all. However, I can't say with certainty that they wouldn't because they could since anything on the syllabus is theoretically examinable. And I highly doubt that the HSC examiners would go and check each scientist...there's just not enough time.

lukegirgis

Well im better then dirt
HSC
hey guys just wondering what you thoughy was the HARDEST and BIGGEST questions on the paper?

lol, just describe the questions coz i cant remember the question numbers. lol.

lukegirgis

Well im better then dirt
HSC
nit said:
have you done the exam yet?
yeh but i found it very hard, just wona see where other are at

what did u think anyway?

Haku

lets see, longest would be the last question

hardest i say for me is the MC Q15

Captain pi

HSC
Pointy Ears said:
Probably >86 would be the 5/6 cut-off, I would judge.

However, a lot can happen in the eight weekends between Trials and HSC.

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Captain pi said:
Probably >86 would be the 5/6 cut-off, I would judge.

However, a lot can happen in the eight weekends between Trials and HSC.
I'd say less. A student probably wouldn't perform any worse in the HSC exam relative to their performance in the trials. I'd say they would, in fact, improve their question-answering ability and knowledge in the nine weeks following the trials. I'd estimate that ~75-80 raw would align to a Band 6, maybe slightly more. Given the relative difficulty of the MC section in this year's trial paper (my opinion only), I'd say that a student would be on track for a Band 6 if they got around 80-82 in the CSSA paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)