curve-drawing templates and HSC exam (1 Viewer)

im_THEShazz

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know what curve-drawing templates can be taken into the HSC exam???? In the examination timetable it says you can take one in but on if it has no printed formulea on it other than equations of simple curves. But what do they classify as simple? Mine has y=sin x etc. on it are they simple? What is everyone else taking in?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, those equations are fine.

You can't have, for example, the sine or cosine rules on there (A/sin A = B/sin B etc).

It should also specify on the packet whether or not they're appropriate examination materials.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think the only ones that are allowed are the Mathaid templates. If yours is Mathaid, then you shouldn't have a problem.

For my exams I'm not buying one of those templates simply because I've memorised the exact values for sin cos tan 30 45 60, and thats the only thing I'd use it for.

im_THEShazz

HSC
N/A
thanks for your help..... mine is a mathaid one so all is good. i like to use them to draw diagrams if needed it makes it so much quicker and neater

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
im_THEShazz said:
thanks for your help..... mine is a mathaid one so all is good. i like to use them to draw diagrams if needed it makes it so much quicker and neater
Except that you have to change your graph to suit the template, and not the other way around which might make it somewhat difficult.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I think the only ones that are allowed are the Mathaid templates. If yours is Mathaid, then you shouldn't have a problem.

For my exams I'm not buying one of those templates simply because I've memorised the exact values for sin cos tan 30 45 60, and thats the only thing I'd use it for.
You would use it for the exact values? You could just do right angled triangles, an isosceles right angled and half an equilateral. But memorising it also works well.

Any generic one is fine as long as it doesn't have any equations more then simple formulas.

Last edited:

mishka

HSC
N/A
how do the templates work, exactly? what do they look like? i've never seen or used one!!

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
w00t. i got me one of them ... but its kinda gay since no one else at my school has it (i think) ... i didnt use it in the trial cus of that, but i dunno hsc .. hmmm

xeriphic

anyone know where they sell them, the ones with exact values on it, though I could memorise it, it better to be sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)