Cut Offs, i know everybody is thinking about them! (1 Viewer)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
so guys, do u think the cut off this year will generally increase or decrease?
or will there b specific increases or decreases in any fields? eg science?
any uni offering more places than last year?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Most things are predicted to go up this year, just because they went down last year. It's not a tit-for-tat effect, but people hearted by the lower cutoffs would apply, making the demand higher, and therefore UAI cutoffs are likely to rise. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised at the end than have a nasty shock.

Snow_dog

HSC
im hoping they go down but i doubt it.......
remeber alot of ppl got low uais.., sure the high demand courses liek law and business will go up but, what about all those courses ppl with low uais appplied for and not many high uai ppl applied for?

who knows wait and see what happens, there are always back doors into uni!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
back doors called domestic full fee, and the special domestic full fee for daddy's little boy/girl who wants to do law at sydney just like daddy did.

HSC
Of course it will rise massively; i'm applying. And you can guarantee that the courses which i apply for will rise to 120000.00 UAI.

So long as its at least 1 increment above my UAI, god will be happy. Even if i had a 100.00 UAI, god would still manage to do something.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I dn't see them goign up that much... the reason for the big drop last year was the increased HECS places

Gummy_bear

HSC
Well, they have been decreasing slighly for about 3 years now (please correct me if im wrong) and SMH reported that the average UAI this year was about 68, based on that average, i would say that UAI cutoffs would decrease.
Education i believe will decrease, as so many teachers are needed, same with nursing.
It all depends on how people went this year compared to last year. If more people went 'badly' then the UAI cutoffs will most likely decrease.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
hopefully it wont go up too much, i know that with the 3 local uai points im 5 points clear for what i want so that helps.
the cutoff for my course is estimated to stay the same anyhow so.. fingers crossed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)