DAILY TELEGRAPH - Top 200 schools (2 Viewers)

gobby41

Life Goal - $5.000 p/w
HSC
Thius list HAS to be wrong our school Rose Bay Secodnary came in 104th and was always creeping around the 100's last year now we aren't even there

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just be happy that your school is even in the top 200 there are a lot of schools that missed out and await the ‘below 200’ list, lol. 104th isn’t anything to be disappointed about just remember the standard of teaching may not have drop but students ability can from year to year and the amount of people capable of achieving high results.

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
22nd! Oh Pymble, you're slipping :) I'm sure we were around 13th last year - but on the bright side we have Elise, Julia, Lillian and Sarah the wonder toppers of subjects. Our languages dept. is having a field day with that.

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
you know the secret to hornsby's success? sticking their students in a beige uniform. The students are endlessly traumatised and hence feel the life of academia is the only option so must study endlessly. there you go, oh and hornsby rocks (from an hghs student '04)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
19th....bring back the glory days when we were top 10.

karoooh

HSC
gobby41 said:
Thius list HAS to be wrong our school Rose Bay Secodnary came in 104th and was always creeping around the 100's last year now we aren't even there
I agree; is there an 'official list' somewhere? Wasn't there one last year?

MUR0031

Papa- Smurph
HSC
NOOOOOOOOO!!

What Happened to Pacific Hills???????? Oh well. Next year, well ace it.

tigergal

Wests Tigers Supporter
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Maybe Sydney, Baulko and Hornsby just did unusually well? That's a bit weird coming from an HGHS-supporter, but it is a possibility - they might just "bounce back" next year (what I'd really like to see is last year's Daily Telegraph so I can actually count up the per cent ratio difference to see whether it was NSGHS doing "bad", or just the other schools doing "good").
My certainty of 2006: NSG will bounce back up to where we belong.

Lil Clutch

HSC
yay. 44th. go smiths hill high. (in wollongong, lol). we rock. so much school pride at the moment! and go dux-99.9. and second place-99.85. (ouch, so close). and me-94.8. lol.

juju80189

HSC
yea true that smh has always been more *trusted*, however if you looked at last year's hsc rankings from smh, hghs was ranked (i think) 12TH? but in the daily telegraph, hghs was 4th taking into consideration the size of the school. if daily telegraph has the statistics to back up their own analysis of the hsc results, i don't think we should doubt wat they publish should we? =p

HGHS PRIDE! =)

ReTArdEd

HSC
"Among the selective schools there are a few rising stars. Hornsby Girls has jumped from sixth in 2003 (glitternote: we were 4th in 2004) to second place this year. If ever a school might give James Ruse a nudge for top position it will be Hornsby Girls.

WTF?? hu wrote this complete crap?? neone hu believes in the daily telegraphs' method of calculating the top skools is srsli retarded...daily telegraph reporters r a bunch of shock-jocks hu report more lies in a day than alan jones has in his entire life, and that's sayin sumthin...

glitterfairy, if u've ever managed to look at the "all-rounders" list in the smh, u'd realise that hornsby gurls has about 20 ppl on that list, compared to 50 and 70+ in baulko and ruse respectively...
thats gotta tell u sumthing..ON AVERAGE THOSE SKOOLS HAV MORE PPL GETTING HIGH UAIS =P

pluuuuus, baulko has always consistently done well and hornsby is neva evaaaaaa gonna knock em off the no.2 spot...and, and, and, the onli reason why baulko mite hav been ranked 3rd in the daily telegraph was cause its got 150+ students getting ova 97UAI, but then the tail-end of the skool gets lyk 57s,

jus thought i'd let u knoe...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)