Dan Brown (1 Viewer)

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
jim_green said:
Yeah, I heard that too walrus. Frankly I'm disappointed, Nicholas Cage so rarely puts a foot wrong in his choice of role that it's all the more disappointing when he goes for a stinker of a movie made to capitalise on a stinker of a book
i beg to differ! plenty of crummy roles that come to mind performed by Cage, ConAir is a big one...and that one where he is Agent Godspeed or whatever was terrible, and Adaptation was potentially an awesome movie but went down the gutter somewhere along the line.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah.. I just took a look at his filmography, it's not pretty :p. Still, he's done some good things. Face/Off is another good one.

walrusbear

HSC
jim_green said:
Actually come to think of it he's made some pretty poor choices.. Windtalkers, Gone in 60 Seconds etc. I guess I only remember him for the good movies, like Bringing Out the Dead, Raising Arizona.. and yeah, Leaving Las Vegas is pretty powerful.
yeah bringing out the dead and raising arizona were brilliant

though it's not surprising when scorsese and the coen bros make them :p

Sphyx: i really like adaptation! i thought the ending was kinda clever - it descended it poor genre. like the film couldn't close without resorting to conventions of some sort. the only kauffman movie i reckon was a misstep is Human Nature, which was a little subpar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)