Dating Religious Girl (1 Viewer)

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
If I were to date a girl, I would prefer a girl who's Catholic because the values are easier to relate to in some respects. And that would mean I don't need to worry about telling her "hi um, uh, i go to uh church on sundays! wanna come?!"

Though I have met some girls who are quite heavy on the christian side who really freaked me out, not in terms of religious values - but more in terms of how they react to other people who don't appear to take them seriously.

Like for example, I met this christian girl nice and all, but when I said I don't go to bible study (not everyone goes to these right?) she turned a cold shoulder to me ever since. I'm like um.. wow?

*yooneek* said:
never let the fact that someone goes to church every week fool you into believing they are a christian or that they take God seriously...
going to church alone means nothing.
that's true :) I know some people who are catholic / christian and sleep around. I'll never understand that, /shrugs

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Panda Bear said:
that's true :) I know some people who are catholic / christian and sleep around. I'll never understand that, /shrugs
i know eh, it's extremely sad...
A person can't just tick the box "I'm a Christian", yet not listen to anything God says. Ultimately, it's the words/actions of a person that truly relays what is going on in their heart, and God knows every heart
...a persons self title means absolutely nothing...

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
you Christians all contradict yourselves.
one doesnt want to be generalized, and then the other makes statements regarding the whole Christian population...

Historically it's proven that christians see themselves as being superior to other people...
ie. the imposition of the Christian faith onto Aust. Aboriginals[and 123081938213 other natives]...who were seen as heathens, and whose own spirituality wasn't even acknowledged by Christians

Why dont you take a trip to the bible belt of the United states and pretend that you're a Muslim/Buddhist. I assure you, you will be seen as inferior etc.
Big deal. In the current climate, that's the same attitude held by the internet and atheists regarding christians :stereotype:

Also it's funny how everyone just assumes the OP is talking about a christian girl when for all we know it could be a jew or muslim. I assume they have gospel music too.

ellen.louise

HSC
Bobness said:
Big deal. In the current climate, that's the same attitude held by the internet and atheists regarding christians :stereotype:

Also it's funny how everyone just assumes the OP is talking about a christian girl when for all we know it could be a jew or muslim. I assume they have gospel music too.
"gospel" refers to bible. specifically new testament i think: correct me if i'm wrong...

Last edited:

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
ahh. its long.
and i'm about to do my eng report in approx 14 minutes.
if you're desperate to know,
i'll post it later tonight.

ellen.louise

HSC
nichhhole said:
you Christians all contradict yourselves.
one doesnt want to be generalized, and then the other makes statements regarding the whole Christian population...

Historically it's proven that christians see themselves as being superior to other people...
ie. the imposition of the Christian faith onto Aust. Aboriginals[and 123081938213 other natives]...who were seen as heathens, and whose own spirituality wasn't even acknowledged by Christians

Why dont you take a trip to the bible belt of the United states and pretend that you're a Muslim/Buddhist. I assure you, you will be seen as inferior etc.
Some Christians see themselves as above others for having God. This doesn't make them actually BETTER than anyone else. They just think it does. I'm not generalizing here: it's an important part of what I beleive.

And yeah sometimes we contradict each other. Won't deny it. It happens. Weird, huh? Could happen to anyone... :)

ellen.louise

HSC
nichhhole said:
Wikipedia:

Gospel music is a musical genre characterized by dominant vocals (often with strong use of harmony) referencing lyrics of a religious nature, particularly Christian

tho that isnt exclusively Christian..
it could still include other religious denominations..
but the images that 'gospel music' conjures up.. [in particular Sister act and destinys child] all lean towards the idea of her being a Christian.
fair enough. I suppose it's just because the word 'gospel' is so deeply associated with Christianity.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
ellen.louise said:
Some Christians see themselves as above others for having God. This doesn't make them actually BETTER than anyone else. They just think it does. I'm not generalizing here: it's an important part of what I beleive.

And yeah sometimes we contradict each other. Won't deny it. It happens. Weird, huh? Could happen to anyone... :)
Every single one of the above points in which you say don't apply to you, seem to apply to every Christian as a requirement. I guess what I'm trying to say is your opinion on Christians is biased and not required, so fuck off.

ellen.louise

HSC
jumb said:
Every single one of the above points in which you say don't apply to you, seem to apply to every Christian as a requirement. I guess what I'm trying to say is your opinion on Christians is biased and not required, so fuck off.
Tautology

Oh noes i have an opinion!!!

Last edited:

Panda Bear

HSC
*yooneek* said:
i know eh, it's extremely sad...
A person can't just tick the box "I'm a Christian", yet not listen to anything God says. Ultimately, it's the words/actions of a person that truly relays what is going on in their heart, and God knows every heart
...a persons self title means absolutely nothing...
yup.. :) stop thinking like me! :p

oh noes! i just remembered you're at uts too! :eek: :wave:

nichhhole said:
the other day our class was discussing a certain Catholic belief.

And one girl, [who was blatanly wrong.. as proven by every one in the class, including the Catholic teacher] dismissed one of my [very logical] points by saying... 'you're not even baptised, what would you know?'

i thought that was grand coming from a girl who gets 'poked' by Church boys after going to church, who considers herself a devout christian, [but can no longer uphold the CAtholic sacrament of Virginity till marriage], and who doesnt even beat me in Studies of Religion.
you're a bit over the place :p but i understand you :) I came from a catholic school background (boys school) and you'll be interested to know that guys back in year 12 were already getting laid. :confused: :confused:

/slaps himself

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Panda Bear said:
yup.. :) stop thinking like me! :p

oh noes! i just remembered you're at uts too! :eek: :wave:
:wave: crazy man! :p ... we could have run into eachother and not even known!
i <3 uni

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Panda Bear said:
you're a bit over the place :p but i understand you :) I came from a catholic school background (boys school) and you'll be interested to know that guys back in year 12 were already getting laid. :confused: :confused:

/slaps himself

haha..
um..
i dont think that its such an issue that kids in catholic schools are fucking, because.. not eveyrone in those schools choose to be there...
[ie, parental choices and whatnot..]

it's more when people in general[inclu. those in Catholic/relgiious schools..], who profess themselves as being religious and all morally correct, go and get laid...and then continue to rant on about how great a Christian/Jew/Muslim they are...

I hate storefront Christians/Jews/Muslims etc.
[that said, i dont mind when people challenge the views of the Religion.. ie on STem cell research etc...]

eh.

Panda Bear

HSC
yeah your point is on the dot..

I really don't want to say this as it makes me look judgemental, though some of these guys were altar boys so when they bear that cross or whatever its called, and me knowing (others as well) that they were just doing it for the sake of it - doens't seem right

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
it's so sad that their belief or whatever you want to call it, becomes a thing of tradition and following man-made rules, rather than anything of the heart. </3 crazy and hypocritical

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
it's good you're honest about where you're at though :)
and it's great that you see past the traditions :uhhuh:

Panda Bear

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Yeah because taking control of your own sexual destiny is so abhorrent to God.

Both you and Yooneek SICKEN me with your holier than thou bullshit. It exists only for God to judge the fervity of one's convictions. Congratulations.

And you're a CATHOLIC of all people, I mean, fuck, they're the good guys out of all of this. Well educated, logical, don't take the bible literally.

GROW UP.
yeah ok im not entirely sure what your post meant but thanks!

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Yeah because taking control of your own sexual destiny is so abhorrent to God.

Both you and Yooneek SICKEN me with your holier than thou bullshit. It exists only for God to judge the fervity of one's convictions. Congratulations.

And you're a CATHOLIC of all people, I mean, fuck, they're the good guys out of all of this. Well educated, logical, don't take the bible literally.

GROW UP.
not really sure what you mean? sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)