Dear CityRail (1 Viewer)

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
i was late for my chemistry exam on monday because they cancelled my train

dp624

HSC
well; think what would happen if there was no cityrail - no uni pretty much at all; buses are horrendous
overall, they help more than they detriment

08er

HSC
well; think what would happen if there was no cityrail - no uni pretty much at all; buses are horrendous
overall, they help more than they detriment
david pham?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I dont really mind Cityrail. Trains come past pretty often, Almost every day on time.

Delays are to be expected, Cityrail isn't really as bad as everybody makes them out to be.

LordPc

HSC
I dont really mind Cityrail. Trains come past pretty often, Almost every day on time.

Delays are to be expected, Cityrail isn't really as bad as everybody makes them out to be.
well sometimes this is true. but some mornings, if I miss the express to central, I have to wait 25 minutes for the next one, or 15 minutes for the next all stations train to central, which is quite ridiculous when I compare this to what people tell me from overseas. ie, trains every 2 minutes.

on the train home today it was so packed that when the train went over a little bump, you could hear about 10 people saying "sorry" since they all hit eachother. it was just that packed.

even if you go to melbourne its also much better. like you get a single ticket for the day and you can get onto any train and any tram till 1am or something the next day. and that is $4 or something. a daily pass in melbourne is less than a return ticket in sydney. and all of thier trains are clean and nice and not dirty.

city rail isn't bad if you are on time, it'll get you to where you need to go. but comparitively, even to melbourne, its pretty average.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
Until public transport is privatised, CityRail will always be ineffective.
i would love to see how that will work out. Expect huge price rises, as no competition
well sometimes this is true. but some mornings, if I miss the express to central, I have to wait 25 minutes for the next one, or 15 minutes for the next all stations train to central, which is quite ridiculous when I compare this to what people tell me from overseas. ie, trains every 2 minutes.

on the train home today it was so packed that when the train went over a little bump, you could hear about 10 people saying "sorry" since they all hit eachother. it was just that packed.

even if you go to melbourne its also much better. like you get a single ticket for the day and you can get onto any train and any tram till 1am or something the next day. and that is $4 or something. a daily pass in melbourne is less than a return ticket in sydney. and all of thier trains are clean and nice and not dirty.

city rail isn't bad if you are on time, it'll get you to where you need to go. but comparitively, even to melbourne, its pretty average.
moral: dont be late.

Cityrail aint that bad as people make it. We just need more trains! and more frequently. Even if city rail added 5 extra trains during peak hour on each line, it would be alot better. It will be only possible once we get automated trains. As train drivers are fucking expensive.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
yeah cityrail is pretty awesome

shit happens, delays occur, at least it isnt like this everyday. was probably a one off.

also, what time was this? i take that line and i didnt have a problem today
Midday.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Not sure if they're related, but there was a delay on the South Line around that time as well.
When the East Hills line goes to Central and goes through the City Circle it usually becomes a South Line train, and vice versa.

So yes that's why a delay on the East Hills line would affect the South Line.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Don't forget the fact that our trains are a fucking rip.
$5 peak hour concession to city on southline.
my relative in queensland lives on the end of the line, costs him $1.93 return concession peak hour to the city.
fuck.

akrinis

HSC
It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to me? Please, they increased the price from $2.20 to $2.80 for Return tickets - is the service getting any better? No, so I don't see why we don't have a right to complain here. It's ridiculous for them to increase fares yet have the service constant.

I think I've mentioned it a thousand times already, but in the Fairfield area, there isn't a counter to ask fo help on Platform 2. It's so shit.

There was a delay today when I went from the city to Parramatta, and from Parramatta to Cabramatta.

I once saw two idiots fighting on a train - I reported it to the City Rail people in Cabramatta and they brushed it off - way to go for safety CR!

Last edited:

absorber

HSC
Probably shouldn't forget that countries with better public transport typically have higher taxes, which is how they fund it. Who wants a tax raise?
Also, from memory when I was in Qld a couple of years ago train prices were horrendously more expensive than in NSW...At least, on the Gold Coast.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I know that Cityrail doesn't provide the best possible service, but you have to understand that apart from Sector 1 (ie. Eastern Suburbs and Illawara Line), all lines are operated on a loss.

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
Stop being so shit pl0x.
Sincerely,
wixxy.

Seriously though, does anyone know what happened on east hills line today? Did someone top themselves or something? Need explanation for why trains were cancelled and the rest terminated 2 stops before east hills.. Thus causing me to be late for uni. If it was the fault of the K2RQ tards i'll be rather irritated.
wixxen always speaks the truth

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Shittyrail: Where you pay more for slower, hot, noisy, cramped, unreliable and dangerous transport.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I think we can agree that hating cityrail is a tune we can all dance to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)