deliberately missing out on lecture or tutorial (1 Viewer)

deliberately missing out on lecture or tutorial: feel guilty or not

• yes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters

lou071

HSC
N/A
if you deliberately missing out on lecture or tutorial,
do you feel guilty or not?
vote!

HSC
if i deliberately killed a lecturer then maybe i'd feel guilty

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
it depends on a few things....

mostly the quality of the textbook, course notes or other literature available... if these are good enough then the lectures become useless

also the quality of the lecturer
and whether the lectures have essential information for assessments or tutorials that you need to do or attend

i got 95 in a course last semester and only attended a couple of the lectures (2/week and no tutorial), but the textbook was excellent and i learned heaps... hence no guilt

^_^

HSC
N/A
i got 95 in a course last semester and only attended a couple of the lectures (2/week and no tutorial), but the textbook was excellent and i learned heaps... hence no guilt

^_^
don't you have to come to tutorials with like an 85% attendence rate or does that depend on the uni and course?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
don't you have to come to tutorials with like an 85% attendence rate or does that depend on the uni and course?
you don't get to sit the final exam if you skip more than 20% of tutes without valid reason. you fail in that case

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
you don't get to sit the final exam if you skip more than 20% of tutes without valid reason. you fail in that case
lies... in most of my elec subjects (first and second year) i only went to 1 or 2 tutes for the whole semester

same with first year physics

the attendance thing is only brought up if you are trying to scrape through with a conceded pass (ie you got 45-49) -- they'll fail you if you didn't go to enough tutes

however if there is any form of assessment carried out in the tutes then it is important that you attend. for example most maths tests are done in the tutes

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
I would probably feel guilty if I accidentally missed a lecture or tute, because they I would have wanted to go. But if it's deliberate, then not at all.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
lies... in most of my elec subjects (first and second year) i only went to 1 or 2 tutes for the whole semester

same with first year physics

the attendance thing is only brought up if you are trying to scrape through with a conceded pass (ie you got 45-49) -- they'll fail you if you didn't go to enough tutes

however if there is any form of assessment carried out in the tutes then it is important that you attend. for example most maths tests are done in the tutes
that may be the case with the school of electrical engineering but not with the school of psychology

The University requires you to attend classes regularly. If you attend less than 80% of
classes in a course you may be refused final assessment. The School takes the view that, as
psychology is an experimental science, laboratory class attendance is particularly important.
Tutorial classes and lectures are run for your benefit. Should you, for no legitimate reason,
fail to make proper use of them, you are not in a good position should you wish to apply for
special consideration.
source: http://www.psy.unsw.edu.au/students/current/files/Student_Guide_2008.pdf

CSE will also ask you if you're still doing the course if you don't show up for a few tutes/labs in a row.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
I dont see the point in skipping, more often than not ive skipped to get home earlier, there were only 2 buses home a day, one at 1230 and one at 530. I skipped all but 2 out of 39 hours of lectures for a statistics course and managed to get a c in it. I figure if i have more fun skipping a lecture then i would in it, then there is no point feeling guilty. I am aware this is probably flawed logic, but hey, id rather have fun then sit through 2 hrs straight of maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)