DFE courses should graduate with DFE stamped on thier Results (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
loser101 said:
touchy touchy. hit a raw nerve mr DFEE??
No I fail to see how one persons degree, which in its completed form, is less vaild than another identical degree because they paid more for it.

Season

HSC
loser101 said:
so there is discrmination in entry but non when they have entered?

yes same course, but different. different entry thus different degree.
Well actually no there is no discrimination in entrance

CSP is technically a scholarship- you smart you get one

DFFE if you're no so smart and am willing to pay, then they'll let you in

Mind you these DFFE places are what is keeping the university alive for the rest of us, if someone is willing to pay to get a better education. Why not let them? Its not like they are taking someone's CSP place or anything.

What purpose would stamping DFFE on the certification serve? To demean them? How you pay for a course is private and is no one elses business but the student.

Plus take MBBS course and NSW, you can get in through ACCESS, Indigenous, Year 12, transfer, med sci transfer, gap year, ful fee international, full fee domestic... yet they all get the same degree. Its absolutely pointless to write in the process of entrace to that degree.

What is important is how you performed IN the degree, and as shown that does come up on your transcript.

xxJTxx

HSC
I don't see any need to heat up a metal plate and burn their degree cert. with a "I PAID FULL FEES"...

That's just silly.

They paid to get in, because they missed the cut off by a few points.

It's not like DFEE lets a UAI 50 person get into a UAI 99 course.

Besides..it's not all the richies who have DFEE spots..some people work their asses off (and maybe even their parents work hard too) to get them through uni on a DFEE spot.

A DFEE graduate isn't any less or any more worthy than a CSP person..:)

loser101

HSC
u guys are implying DFEE is something to be ashamed about.

if it is the same thing then there shouldnt be any problems should there?

Having something like B.Commerce (DFEE) is just extra information.

Similarly just like someone graduating with B.Commerce and B.Commerce (Accounting)

Last edited:

bassbeats.

HSC
loser101 said:

Similarly just like someone graduating with B.Commerce and B.Commerce (Accounting)

hahaha you're a joke

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
CSP/HECS has always been around from day dot.

In the 1970s Whitlam introduced completely free higher education - how do I know - because everyone in my generation in my family went to uni in this time and none of us paid anything except for our books. No tuition fees at all.

In the 1980s the Hawke government realised that the country could no longer afford to support this level of subsidy for uni students and introduced HECS (again I was affected as that is when I did my first Masters Degree). Later in the 90s Howard's government introduced a scaled HECS payment based on the perceived degree of difficulty of the course, the country's need for certain jobs and the perceived ability of people, on completion of their courses, to pay extra e.g. Law students pay more than teachers.

Pre- 1970s students had to pay their entire uni fees upfront. That was my Dad's generation.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
loser101 said:
thanks for the history lesson. now i think about it lets go back to the 1900's and not allow women to get an education aswell.
umm...

what/why are you even arguing?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:

But they didn't graduate with a Major in DFEE?

Tool

Happy New Years non tools <3

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:

Well of course there's nothing to be ashamed about with DFEE places, but people still reserve the right to keep personal information private (ie where they live, what they do, if they graduated from year 12 or not).

Let's use an analogy: there's nothing to be ashamed about if you are white yes? (or black, yellow, red, whatever) However, if somebody says 'oh let's put a stamp on him saying this guy is white' then you are giving them reason to FEEL ashamed, as though you are marking him/her out to be different from everyone else.

As DFEE places are in the minority at uni, i think that what you are suggesting is to mark them as outsiders, as though they are not worthy of being awarded the same degree as CSP placers. However, other posters (ari89, tulipa, Azamakumar and more) have already shown you that they do they same course, are marked in the same manner, and have the same access to study materials as CSPs/international students/transferees/mature aged students.

Imo, you're just cut up because you are so insecure that someone with a lower uai may enter a course you desired or one in which you actually intend to enter. However, by putting the uai up on a pedestal, it just goes to show the immaturity and irrationality of your stance.

Oh and many posts by loser101 are quite siggable :)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
loser101 said:
thanks for the history lesson. now i think about it lets go back to the 1900's and not allow women to get an education aswell.
Um, she was just showing you CSP places haven't actually been around from "day dot".

Hey, happy New Year's everyone! Have to wait another 10 hours where I am, haha!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Bobness said:
Well of course there's nothing to be ashamed about with DFEE places, but people still reserve the right to keep personal information private (ie where they live, what they do, if they graduated from year 12 or not).

Let's use an analogy: there's nothing to be ashamed about if you are white yes? (or black, yellow, red, whatever) However, if somebody says 'oh let's put a stamp on him saying this guy is white' then you are giving them reason to FEEL ashamed, as though you are marking him/her out to be different from everyone else.

As DFEE places are in the minority at uni, i think that what you are suggesting is to mark them as outsiders, as though they are not worthy of being awarded the same degree as CSP placers. However, other posters (ari89, tulipa, Azamakumar and more) have already shown you that they do they same course, are marked in the same manner, and have the same access to study materials as CSPs/international students/transferees/mature aged students.

Imo, you're just cut up because you are so insecure that someone with a lower uai may enter a course you desired or one in which you actually intend to enter. However, by putting the uai up on a pedestal, it just goes to show the immaturity and irrationality of your stance.

Oh and many posts by loser101 are quite siggable :)
hi i'm not gonna read that but i still have to reply to ur pm <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)