• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Did having a boyfriend/girlfriend affect your ATAR/UAI ? (1 Viewer)

amour

Female
HSC
Our four year anniversary was in August; he proposed in May. I must admit I was a bit worried about the age thing, but considering I will be at least 23 before we even think about getting married it's all good. Plus now I have a pretty ring. :p
I'm so excited for you!!! Did you know 'he was the one' for you when u first started going out? :)
PS: how did he ask you? :)

kfnmpah

HSC
Our four year anniversary was in August; he proposed in May. I must admit I was a bit worried about the age thing, but considering I will be at least 23 before we even think about getting married it's all good. Plus now I have a pretty ring. :p
pics!

suling

HSC
Haha no, it wasn't love at first sight or anything; we had been friends for a while and I really didn't want him to like me, but eventually he did ask me out and I ended up saying yes. :) I mean, we were in year 9...I thought it would last a few months at the most.

He asked me at this lookout...I think I kind of ruined it a bit because it was kind of rainy and I was complaining about him wanting to go outside. It wasn't really elaborate or anything but it was still nice; I don't think he planned to ask me for another half a year at least but just all of a sudden decided on afternoon.

I would put up pics but I am basically computer illiterate and don't know how. :/

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Wow, I'd be so restless if I was engaged already. It'd be like OMGADZ CAN'T LOOK AT HIM OR THAT GUY ARGH

OP: Yes, yes it did. But if they didn't, something else would of and we just continue to blame other stuff until our soul shrivels up into an old raisin.

kfnmpah

HSC
Haha no, it wasn't love at first sight or anything; we had been friends for a while and I really didn't want him to like me, but eventually he did ask me out and I ended up saying yes. :) I mean, we were in year 9...I thought it would last a few months at the most.

He asked me at this lookout...I think I kind of ruined it a bit because it was kind of rainy and I was complaining about him wanting to go outside. It wasn't really elaborate or anything but it was still nice; I don't think he planned to ask me for another half a year at least but just all of a sudden decided on afternoon.

I would put up pics but I am basically computer illiterate and don't know how. :/
Armidale, hey. Do you know a REALLY TALL guy named aidan?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Wow, I'd be so restless if I was engaged already. It'd be like OMGADZ CAN'T LOOK AT HIM OR THAT GUY ARGH

OP: Yes, yes it did. But if they didn't, something else would of and we just continue to blame other stuff until our soul shrivels up into an old raisin.
wot

kfnmpah

HSC
population of armidale is ~20 000
Nah, in places that aren't main cities, everyone knows everyone.

It's just like when you meet a Jewish person, they always know the other Jewish person you know.

EDIT: also, this guy is REALLY tall.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, in places that aren't main cities, everyone knows everyone.

It's just like when you meet a Jewish person, they always know the other Jewish person you know.

EDIT: also, this guy is REALLY tall.
Why would we know a Jewish person in the first place for them to know?

RACivilEng

HSC
It all depends on the people involved. My girlfriend and I live about 5 hours apart and so, seeing each other all the time and being preoccupied with her is less of an issue. I find that having a girlfriend is good for study because if you are both committed students and limit your time talking ect. it can really encourage you to be the best you can be. It also offers a lot of escape from stresses of school, particularly in my case because we are at different schools and talking about school doesn't seem painful.

If you are going to have a relationship, be committed, offer each other an escape, be disciplined about the time you spend together and don't let the stress of the HSC get you into relationship strife.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)