• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

did i make the right decision (1 Viewer)

ashraf91

HSC
well at ma skool they run the accereated naths program, i have now decided to pull out from doing the 2unit hsc this year because if i do it, the nxt 4 weeks leading up 2 the hsc ill be onli studying for it, but now that i pulled out, i am going to use the 4 weeks to do 3unit and 4 unit work, ans since im doing 4 unit, the 2unit exam doesnt mean anyfing right. can u advise me if i did the right thing or should i do the 2 unnit hsc this year, thanks in advaced for ur input

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
WTF? OMFG. WTF? WTF? WTF?

just sit the HSC .......................................................................................
dude..............................................................

you can get these 4 weeks back anytime.... your not sitting the 3unit or 4unit HSC this year.... you might as well sit the 2 unit.... so you get used to the pressure etc.... and from what your trial mark was... you should ace the HSC..........
SIT THE HSC FOR 2UNIT !

think about it.... what have you got to lose?

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Sit the HSC paper. wrxsti is right, you have nothing to lose and at least you can experience proper HSC conditions.
DO IT!
Otherwise, all that accelerated maths work that you have done will pretty much go to waste.

jirwin

HSC
sit the hsc exam. i was acclerated last yr for ipt and i am so glad i dont have to worry about it this yr. its a lot of pressure off u come hsc time. what happens if 4unit doesnt work out and u drop it... then the 2unit paper will mean something. why not get a good mark this yr just in case something goes wrong next yr

ashraf91

HSC
thanks for ur replies, really appreciate it but yea i undersatnd wat u guys are sayin, but in 3-4 weeks i can go a lonnnngggg shot in 3-4 unit work, like i can finish d prelim 3unit work, and as well d skool is relying on me for a band 6 and 2 boost d skool average a bit and all dat bullshit wen wats happeneing is dat dey dont even recognise ma effort or work, dey already told me im not gettin d top maths award cause im not yr 12, so i guess screw d yr 12s, sorta like pay bak aswell. i dont noe i jst cant be bothered with 2 unit anymore, ohh and d techers r goin syco at me, at least now dey care, but yea, i dont want to do it, i noe ill do heaps gud but i dont want to waste ma tym or give my skool a mark like dat cause dey dont deserve it, im not being cocky or anyfin but i noe i can handle 4 unit, and itz cause i find maths interestin espeiacally new fings, i neva get bored of new maths, oh and yes i am goin 2 lose time, alot ov, i am goin 2 lose 6 weeks cause on 5th november im goin into surgery, tumor in d base ov ma foot, so yer time is d main thing dat im worried about, dats y i dont want to do it, im trying to get as much done as possible, i wanted to do the hsc, but i belive for ma own good i shouldnt. and itz not a waste ov all dat accelerated work, i see it as gud preparatin for 3 unit 4 unit, no amount ov work is wasted, it alwaiz has advantages later, dats wat i personally belive.

Last edited:
HSC
tl;dr

seriously sit the exam, if you still can. just the experience of doing a hsc exam is enough incentive to do it, you've come this far. hsc conditions are different to school, at least they were for me. and besides, should you find 4 unit too difficult you can fall back on your 2 unit marks

ashraf91

HSC
true true, i see wat ur sayin, but wat can i say, im thick headed

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I never found doing the 2 unit paper in 2005 a wate of time, indeed it helped me better for the extension 1 paper when I did it the year after, it gave me the skills necessary to be able to handle the paper better than I did in 2005, so I would go and do the paper, that experience is definitely worth it. [comment]I also have a query as to why the fuck you would make a thread asking for advice when you have already made your mind up and then just counter every single post that does not conform to what you want to hear.[/comment]

ashraf91

HSC
im so lost now, i dont nooe, u guys r giving me 2nd thoughts

HSC
do the exam.

like really, you'd be bordering on dumbshit not to. just use 2umaths as a backup in case you totally screw up 4u (which tends to happen alot).

that is all.

ashraf91

HSC
hahahhahahahaha, i love dis place, i wish like der could be a maths nerd meeting or sumfin, ill be interested in seeing u ppl in person, ill refink bout it, ill see wat happens, but if i dont do it, i noe wat sort ov shit ill be facing if i screw up 4 unit

SoulSearcher

HSC
ashraf91 said:
hahahhahahahaha, i love dis place, i wish like der could be a maths nerd meeting or sumfin, ill be interested in seeing u ppl in person, ill refink bout it, ill see wat happens, but if i dont do it, i noe wat sort ov shit ill be facing if i screw up 4 unit
I take offence at the implication that I'm a maths nerd.

:)

ashraf91

HSC
i would ov thought it was a comliment 2 u, officially im out of the hsc, im ready for anyfin dat will happen, if i mess up 4 unit den ill jst hve 2 sit d 2unit maths hsc nxt yr, yallah wish me luck, and thanks u guys for ur advice but like i said im stuborn, i hve feeling dat wrxsti is goin 2 kill me lol

Sonata

HSC
lol i was pretty much in the same situation i pulled outta 2u AND 3u accel this yr. i guess ill sit for it nxt yr. But since im not doing 4u nxt yr i guess its ok in a way.
However in ur case i would recommend it since ur doing 4u. Even though u officially decided. Just sharing my thoughts =]

Jonny90

HSC
Oh SH*T u made a decision??? thats just so......INCREDI-F*CKING-BUL!! F*ck because of u the whole F*cking universe is going to blow to 2 smitherinze!! u can go down in history as the dumb f*ck who f*cked everyfing up. Now that all hope is gone lets take a walk down memory lane and enjoy all the things "YOU" f*cked up.

:bomb: <-- Lets blow this muda f*ka up!

HSC
Sonata said:
lol i was pretty much in the same situation i pulled outta 2u AND 3u accel this yr. i guess ill sit for it nxt yr. But since im not doing 4u nxt yr i guess its ok in a way.
However in ur case i would recommend it since ur doing 4u. Even though u officially decided. Just sharing my thoughts =]

this is a pretty good thing. our school accelerated one class for 2u and most of them ended up doing 4u anyway. my point is, they prolly wont be in your ranks for next year, so its easier to come first. thats what happened to me =D

SoulSearcher

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
this is a pretty good thing. our school accelerated one class for 2u and most of them ended up doing 4u anyway. my point is, they prolly wont be in your ranks for next year, so its easier to come first. thats what happened to me =D
We had one class doing that and we got 4 people out of 25 doing extension 2 this year. And 2 of them accelerated extension 1 maths in year 11 instead of 2 unit. But it really depends on whether or not you plan to do extension 2 maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)