Did you or anyone you know do much better/worse than expected? (1 Viewer)

yups

HSC
(by a substantial amount - in the HSC?)

yups

HSC
well if you don't want to say that's fine but i'm curious

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hehe... lol

well the person i know didnt do well in year 11, ended up with a high atar for hsc, as in 99+

If you wanna know more, you can pm me for more detail.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Do you mean before individual marks came out ?

Externals were a real stab in the back for me ( or so i thought ) so all throughout the year I did pretty well, but after i did the actual hsc i thought i failed hard. Everyone around me thought the same, so I thought as a school we must have also done quite bad and I was convinced I was going to scrape 70 and miss my course cut off by like 27 marks.

But then I ended up getting 98 so that was a really nice surprise :eek:

I should add. Up until year 11 i was also convinced I would get 80 max. But at the end of year 11 I promised myself Id do up my tie and I did just that ( to the best of my ability) and yep. Just make a goal, stick to it and work for it. There's no doubt you'll achieve it :)

Last edited:

yups

HSC
Do you mean before individual marks came out ?

Externals were a real stab in the back for me ( or so i thought ) so all throughout the year I did pretty well, but after i did the actual hsc i thought i failed hard. Everyone around me thought the same, so I thought as a school we must have also done quite bad and I was convinced I was going to scrape 70 and miss my course cut off by like 27 marks.

But then I ended up getting 98 so that was a really nice surprise :eek:

I should add. Up until year 11 i was also convinced I would get 80 max. But at the end of year 11 I promised myself Id do up my tie and I did just that ( to the best of my ability) and yep. Just make a goal, stick to it and work for it. There's no doubt you'll achieve it :)
omgshh : O . well done ! very inspirational :)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I know a guy that got 99.95 after thinking he'd only get 99.5 and miss out on Law for most of the year. I know it's not that big but it's the best I got.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I know a guy that got 99.95 after thinking he'd only get 99.5 and miss out on Law for most of the year. I know it's not that big but it's the best I got.
:jaw:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yes, many people exceeded what they should've have gotten or fallen short of what they should've gotten.

I basically expected what they'd get though XD

zaqwerty

HSC
I was expecting to get maybe about 85 or so. I got a bit stressed because the school principle, my parents and all of my grade were kind of expecting me to be the "shining light". I had always gone well but when it came to the crunch I really didn't think I'd done well enough.

I particularly remember the morning of my Modern exam, reading over my exhaustive notes and realising that I hadn't actually LEARNT any of the info as I'd spent way too long making the notes themselves - I was sure I was going to ruin any chances of a decent UAI.

Anyway I ended up getting marks in the high 90's for all my subjects, scored a 97 in art, and ended up with a UAI of 97.4.

Definitely wasn't expecting it...

I base most of my achievements on my ranks. They are important.

yups

HSC
I was expecting to get maybe about 85 or so. I got a bit stressed because the school principle, my parents and all of my grade were kind of expecting me to be the "shining light". I had always gone well but when it came to the crunch I really didn't think I'd done well enough.

I particularly remember the morning of my Modern exam, reading over my exhaustive notes and realising that I hadn't actually LEARNT any of the info as I'd spent way too long making the notes themselves - I was sure I was going to ruin any chances of a decent UAI.

Anyway I ended up getting marks in the high 90's for all my subjects, scored a 97 in art, and ended up with a UAI of 97.4.

Definitely wasn't expecting it...

I base most of my achievements on my ranks. They are important.
:speechless: well done ! that'd be such a great surprise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)