Did you vote? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
getting back to the beginning, no i didn't vote. mostly because i hate uni politics. also because i know a whole lot of the choice guys including tom watson and let me tell you, if those guys ever end up running the country i'm going to fucking emigrate. they think gays are perverted, they think howard is too lenient on Lazy Aboriginals, they think it's justified to hire a man over an equally or better qualified woman just in case she wants to have children and they think george w bush is a great fucking philanthropist. and tom watson is an arsehole. he really is.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
That's funny. I talked to a whole lot of Labor people and they thought that government sanctioned discrimination was alright, oppression of those who wish to take part in free trade was cool, it was a fantastic thing that Saddam murdered his own people and that certain people deserve extra welfare payments by virtue of being born Aboriginal.

It works both ways sweetie. :)

EDIT: And given that I only agree with one of the statements you made I think you might be making a rather large generalisation.

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
The Lib collapse reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Bart runs for class president and fails miserably...the fat nerd beats him by 2 votes.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yeah. Basically, if you like student unionism, you'll participate in it. If you don't, you'll say "screw it, I don't want my card cut".

Plebeian

withoutaface said:
That's funny. I talked to a whole lot of Labor people and they thought that government sanctioned discrimination was alright, oppression of those who wish to take part in free trade was cool, it was a fantastic thing that Saddam murdered his own people and that certain people deserve extra welfare payments by virtue of being born Aboriginal.

It works both ways sweetie. :)

EDIT: And given that I only agree with one of the statements you made I think you might be making a rather large generalisation.
I think that "rather large generalisation" also works both ways. Not supporting the war in Iraq does not mean people condone the actions of Saddam Hussein.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Techie said:
I think that "rather large generalisation" also works both ways. Not supporting the war in Iraq does not mean people condone the actions of Saddam Hussein.
But if failing to endorse a Queer Collective is condoning homophobia then surely failing to endorse a war against Saddam is condoning democide...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
That's a good point. Just because I do not support feminism, does not mean I don't support gender equality. Just because I don't support the Queer Collective doesn't mean I don't support equality among people of different sexualities. Our representatives would have us think otherwise though.

Last edited:

jpr333

HSC
Radical right wingers and left wingers eventually come full circle and meet at a point in their views (or better yet how they implement their views).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
That's a good point. Just because I do not support feminism, does not mean I don't support gender equality. Just because I don't support the Queer Collective doesn't mean I don't support equality among people of different sexualities. Our representatives would have us think otherwise though.
I support feminism insomuch as bringing females forward. I think that the current wave of feminism is more concerned with pegging males back in order to create equality, though.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Has everyone seen the "VSU 3" posters up around campus? How is protesting against the prosecution of people who attempted to assault members of the campus community representing student interests?

If there was any doubt about my joining the SRC next year that just sealed it.

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
withoutaface said:
Has everyone seen the "VSU 3" posters up around campus? How is protesting against the prosecution of people who attempted to assault members of the campus community representing student interests?

Talk about one side of the story.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
melbournian said:
Talk about one side of the story.
Oh yeah, I forgot that they attacked cops as well. My bad.

Personally I would have thought it'd be in the SRC's interests to distance themselves from violence, but it seems not to be the case.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Some were up in eastern avenue, and i saw others up at random spots on campus.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:

Honestly I thought that the legislation will most likely be postponed would stop that doubt.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hopefully there's a way to contribute part of your activity fee to the building fund.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Oh wikiwiki the next SULC meeting is the AGM 1pm Wednesday week 13, dunno where it's gonna be yet but yeah.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think I might be attending that meeting. I'm quite angry at the fact that our SRC is still neglecting my constituency, and we're pissed off that it's gonna cost us more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)