Differences in Engineering degrees (1 Viewer)

Kezekya

HSC
Hi

Just asking, whats the general differences between these degrees:

- B Eng (Civil) 85.30 [SYDU]
- B Engineering (Civil) 78.00 [Wollongong Uni]
- B Engineering (Civil Eng) 69.65 [Griffith Uni]

I know the most obvious difference is the quality of the Uni's, but i'm just asking does it matter which uni you go to?

*These UAI CFs might be outdated

samthebear

HSC
Re: Differences in degrees

probably something to do with supply and demand. Usyd has a higher entry req cuz more people want to get into that particular course at Usyd so they have to push up the entry scores so that they dont get a few thousand students applying and studying there in that one course.

Stuff about quality of facilities and teaching etc i dont know about, thats just something you have to do your own research on.

Note: just because Usyd has a higher entry req does not make it better at teaching this degree program. you need to consider if the university is well known for developing and producing an excellent program for that particular degree. b/c who cares if that uni makes great politicans but make shitty enggineers? you dont want to be a politican, you want to be an enggineer. so pick a university which'll be able to cater extreamly well to you for that need.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Re: Differences in degrees

You should learn the same content, it's just another reputation thing where USYD wants the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)