• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

different law schools (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
The reputation of UWS currently is based on snobs who think the 'W' actually means that the law students who come out of uws are somehow not as good as them.

Currently UWS has no reputation because it hasnt had any law graduates yet.
Really...coz at the careers fair they UWS chick told me their youngest barrister was 27?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Asquithian said:
I think what the girl told you is a 'lie'

I would just like to point out that lier is spelt liar, unless it's fashionable to spell it lier these days/
Moonlight how did you manage 6 units of computer science? aren't you supposed to do 4 dif subjects...but were things different way back then?....and was the transfer easily done?
Haha...I wonder how many people go into law because they actually want to do it, not so to show off...oh, I don't know, I've wanted to go into law or something not to do with maths/science for ages, then hmm I decided to be a fucktwat and do maths.
still, law sounds pretty enticing, if I can get the appropriate UAI.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
I think what the girl told you is a 'lie'

Well she was a law student...

Our History
The University of Western Sydney School of Law came into existence on 1 January 2001 as a result of the amalgamation of the three federated members of the University of Western Sydney - Hawkesbury, Macarthur and Nepean.

The new School brings together the law programmes of those former federated members.

Perhaps the 27 year old was part of the older unfederated law skools

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah definately possible. They could have went to the bar straight after PLT.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Oh well I'll make a mental note to ask UWS on open day abt their grads..and the other uni's then we can see who has the youngest grads...but 27 is pretty young...the youngest barrister I know is some distant cuz he's in mid thirties....but was policeman-then police prosc- now barrister...I dunno how long that takes

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Wow, a whole 4 years of excellence.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
The reputation of UWS currently is based on snobs who think the 'W' actually means that the law students who come out of uws are somehow not as good as them.

Currently UWS has no reputation because it hasnt had any law graduates yet.
I think your wrong. A work colleague of mine graduated from UWS combined Law and had her grad ceremony this yr.

X

xeuyrawp

Sarah said:
I think your wrong. A work colleague of mine graduated from UWS combined Law and had her grad ceremony this yr.
Errr... The degree's been going for like only 5 years, how could it have grads already. In which case, I hope you work at a law firm, because if they're your "work colleague", but you work at Woolworths or something, that's probably not a good sign...

Sarah

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Errr... The degree's been going for like only 5 years, how could it have grads already. In which case, I hope you work at a law firm, because if they're your "work colleague", but you work at Woolworths or something, that's probably not a good sign...
No i don't work in a law firm or at woolworths. The place i work at doesn't require a legal background but studying law would give you an advantage due to the type of work done.

If the degree's only been going for 5 yrs, perhaps this is the first batch of law grads?

Also, a friend of mine knows someone currently in their final yr at UWS law

Last edited:

stamos

sellout
HSC
doesn't uws offer a law course that isn't combined? that would be why it has grads in less than 5 years

X

xeuyrawp

stamos said:
doesn't uws offer a law course that isn't combined? that would be why it has grads in less than 5 years
Graduate law? Possibly. I'm too lazy to check.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well my bet is that they transferred from a different uni. or they took on mor units so that they could graduate earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)