Difficult question which involves a geometric series (1 Viewer)

nicholas101

HSC
I'm finishing off holiday work assigned to me before school starts back and I find myself stuck on this question all the time:
"In any GP, let Rn = T(n + 1) + T(n + 2) + ... + T(2n). Show that Rn:Sn = r^n:1, and hence find r if R8:S8 = 1:81"

This is how the question is printed in my textbook. I've tried to think about how this question has been answered and I've heard that most of my friends in my grade have not been able to solve this question.
If you could provide any worked solutions, I would appreciate it!
Thanks!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm finishing off holiday work assigned to me before school starts back and I find myself stuck on this question all the time:
"In any GP, let Rn = T(n + 1) + T(n + 2) + ... + T(2n). Show that Rn:Sn = r^n:1, and hence find r if R8:S8 = 1:81"

This is how the question is printed in my textbook. I've tried to think about how this question has been answered and I've heard that most of my friends in my grade have not been able to solve this question.
If you could provide any worked solutions, I would appreciate it!
Thanks!
What’s Sn?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you write out Rn explicitly using the general terms of a GP you should notice that you can factorise rn. From that point the rest should follow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)