Direct Factory Outlets and How It Works... (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I found a beautiful blue dress by WISH today at Homebush's DFO...

But they were all 12, 14, or size 16. I asked for a size 6 or 8 and they said its all they had (much like the rest of that DFO)

What are the chances of me finding that same blue dress in my size in a non-DFO store? Do the store franchises dump what they can't sell to DFO? Is what I'm seeing at DFO out of season fashion? But my dress I found was a SUMMER/SPRING dress, really light and flowy.

Looked around ebay could'nt find it.

Suggestions?

Skeeta

HSC
If it wasn't ridiculously underpriced, it might be current stock!

rozymisty

HSC
giorando (sp?) often sends their stuff they dont sell to the DFOs.. i know coz the girl said one day they were sending stuff there.

Most of the time its not really a bargain! Most of the billabong etc clothing at DFO Brissie airport looked sooo flimsy and would tear easy, consdiering how much you pay for the brand...even target clothes look better made than the DFO ones!

jirwin

HSC
rozymisty said:
giorando (sp?) often sends their stuff they dont sell to the DFOs.. i know coz the girl said one day they were sending stuff there.

Most of the time its not really a bargain! Most of the billabong etc clothing at DFO Brissie airport looked sooo flimsy and would tear easy, consdiering how much you pay for the brand...even target clothes look better made than the DFO ones!

hmm i have to disagree about the brissie airport billabong factory outlet. my polo i bought in 2006 is still in one piece and quite wearable. as are the shorts/pants i got too :D

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
rozymisty said:

If they're the same clothes the brand sells in their own stores, the quality is the same. So basically, if the Billabong DFO stock looks dodgy, all their stock is dodgy.

edit: and I think you meant Giordano

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
DFO is generally old stock, defect stock, last years stock, or out of season.

if it's an actual brand like Ralph Lauren, then there's chance they might have current stock.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i've had your dillemma many times.

write down all the information you can find on the dress, including its name (usually the name of it is on the tag) reference number, colour etc.

then call up as many stockists as you can find until you reach one with the dress in stock and pick it up/get someone to send it to you.

i found one of my all time fave dresses that way, it was this black star print chiffon wrap dress from french connection. took me a while but i tracked it down to moorabbin, victoria, at the DFO there.

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i know it's not related but i'll never buy another piece of billabong clothing again. Always been terrible quality imo. As far as surf brands go i like quiksilver, rip curl and ocean and earth but i havent bought/worn surfie clothes in years.
i've never had a problem with any of the (billions of) billabong clothes i have, i've always found rip curl to be shithouse quality

SkyLo

HSC
those outlets are always the biggest crapshoot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)