Disadvantage with no category B subject? (1 Viewer)

kuhairi

HSC
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and the subjects I have chosen are all in category A. Am I on a disadvantage to those who have category B in the subject selections?

I also wanna add that will I get an ATAR over 90 with ESL and maths extension 1 only?

Last edited:

muzeikchun852

HSC
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and the subjects I have chosen are all in category A. Am I on a disadvantage to those who have category B in the subject selections?

I also wanna add that will I get an ATAR over 90 with ESL and maths extension 1 only?
not even. but generally category b subjects are either low scaling or dont count toward ATAR. so u are not disadvantage by that.

ilikebeeef

HSC

not even. but generally category b subjects are either low scaling or dont count toward ATAR. so u are not disadvantage by that.
+1. 90+ is definitely possible with ESL and MX1.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
To clarify a cat B subject is a VET subject, a cat C subject does not go towards the calculation of an ATAR but is counted.

(coming from someone who is doing cat A, B and C subjects :) )

Zuroy

HSC
How can you be disadvantaged when MOST people only do category A subjects.
I'm doing one category B subject which is accounting and it scales just as high as the category A top subjects.
There isn't really a reason to choose Category B subjects unless you are interested in that particular course and wish to study later in life because as stated before a lot of the category B subjects are scaled badly. (accounting is an exception)

allira92

HSC
To clarify a cat B subject is a VET subject, a cat C subject does not go towards the calculation of an ATAR but is counted.

(coming from someone who is doing cat A, B and C subjects :) )
but isnt only one cat B subject counted for Atar calculation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)