"Discovery does not always lead to progress." (1 Viewer)

chocolatemilkk

HSC
In what ways is this view of discovery represented in your prescribed text and at least
ONE other related text of your own choosing?

CAN I DO THE FOLLOWING?

PARA 1: LACK OF PROACTIVENESS = NO PROGRESS

PARA 2 & 3: PEOPLE WILLING TO DISCOVER = PROGRESS

I cant write 3 paras on not able to discover!

Please reply asap

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
You can also talk about the fact that discoveries evoke new perspectives and ideals, which ultimately develops individuals (hence progress).

Flop21

HSC
Something that sets you back in life that you discover could fit under 'discovery does not always lead to progress'.

Like you discover you've lost all your files, or someone has messed up your house etc.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You can also talk about the fact that discoveries evoke new perspectives and ideals, which ultimately develops individuals (hence progress).
The way the question is phrased though, 'in what ways'-you can't really disagreed with the question and tweak it to mean -discovery leads to progress when it is almost the opposite statement, it is falling into the trap of I am answering the question that I wish I could answer, not the question I am asked to answer directly. Like if the word was 'discuss' or 'evaluate' you are more free to disagree with the question than if it is phrased in this way.

It is better to try to find ways to agreed with the question-without further knowledge of further ideas you are proposing of text-particularly what texts you are studying (what your related and prescribed are) it is impossible to advise you whether there is a better way to DIRECTLY ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)