Discovery supplementary texts (1 Viewer)

Nein99Nein

HSC
Hey Guys,

What are some good supplementary texts for Discovery? I've got Homer's Odyssey and (Halfheartedly) Apocalypto on my mind but i don't think they are any good. Any suggestions will be much appreciated :)

Flop21

HSC
Heart of Darkness, literally the best related text ever. I could go on for ages how discovery is portrayed in it.

Nein99Nein

HSC
Thanks for that, I'll look into it.

Would you mind very briefly outlining how discovery is portrayed in it or have any resources for me to read?

Flop21

HSC
Thanks for that, I'll look into it.

Would you mind very briefly outlining how discovery is portrayed in it or have any resources for me to read?
Google Heart of Darkness, you'll find a lot of things on it and the main character's self-discovery. He goes on a journey into Africa and discovers the European colonial/imperial mission is ineffective/foolish/inhumane. He discovers the "darkness" within humanity, the "horror". He discoveries that Africa is not the darkness but in fact his home land, Europe is (Thames river, not the congo).

You'll find tonnes of stuff.

atargainz

HSC
+1 heart of darkness, more if you need:
- Looking Into a Beechwood Shack by Zahid Gamieldien (a bit hard to find online)
- Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Eeldrop and Appleplex by T.S Eliot

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
You can use mine if you want to elaborate more on how the texts make us discovery the issues of society.

"To This Day" - Shane Koyczan

Fiction

HSC
I guess it depends on your text. I would've gone with 'The secret life of Walter Mitty'. It wasn't my related (I did plurality by Dennis Liu), but that was only because I didn't think of using it until about 2 nights before the exam lol

Untroubled

HSC
Just wanted to say... go ahead and choose unpredictable related texts. I ended up doing a rap song.
Don't fear this option ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)