Discursive help (1 Viewer)

ayion

HSC
Is there anyway i can relate this stimulus with stories reconstructing history? I've only wrote a discursive on history and im struggling to relate it with the stimulus i got. Thank You!
“Stories are our primary tools of learning and teaching, the repositories of our lore
and legends. They bring order into our confusing world.”

Wizjaro

HSC
Well you can base all of the aspects of the stimulus on history. i.e. Stories are our primary tool of learning and teaching history(even falsified version of it). And stories are how we make sense of our confusing history, because humans tend to want to understand things and so we often come up with stories to explain parts of our world we don't understand. You could talk about religion and myths and how those had effectively constructed history in a sense. I honestly would have went for a postcolonial kind of story about silenced stories and how hegemonic stories have flooded the world but we can still fight against these falsified narratives by telling new stories which help construct history.(I swear there is an academic term for that historic revisionism maybe?)

ayion

HSC
Well you can base all of the aspects of the stimulus on history. i.e. Stories are our primary tool of learning and teaching history(even falsified version of it). And stories are how we make sense of our confusing history, because humans tend to want to understand things and so we often come up with stories to explain parts of our world we don't understand. You could talk about religion and myths and how those had effectively constructed history in a sense. I honestly would have went for a postcolonial kind of story about silenced stories and how hegemonic stories have flooded the world but we can still fight against these falsified narratives by telling new stories which help construct history.(I swear there is an academic term for that historic revisionism maybe?)
Thank you!! my current discursive is about the victors of history that construct history, and how we don't really know the perspectives of those who lost, do you think this would also fit the stimulus? Or should i adjust it to fit one your ideas?

Wizjaro

HSC
I think there is definitely potential, But I think you should make it very clear why the victors choose storytelling as their prize(its a way for them to propagate their ideologies and status), Also you could definitely refer to historical revisionism(again unsure if this is the correct term) and talk about how the losers from the past now have the opportunity to tell their story etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)