Distance Ed. (1 Viewer)

Skip

Anyone else doing French (I'm doinf Cont.) by distance ed.?

Any people who did dist. ed. before have any advice/tips?

Right now I'm in the shit, I've only done the first 3/24 or so title pages! The guidance sheet says I should be up to like TP 8 or something. Any advice on catching up? (note: I have 3 assessments atm and am missing out on weeks 10/11). Anyone else like this?

chepas

HSC
Hey Skip how you doing? :)

The first thing is, don't panic!

They say (they being the teachers, sheets of paper etc) to try not to get behind in the packages, but after doing LOTEs by correspondance last year, getting behind is inevitable. I finished year 12 and I got nowhere near finishing the XX packages! (Are you in Year 12 now, as in you are now doing the HSC course?). If you're using Noir sur Blanc, you'll no doubt find that the exercises are so repetitive and you end up falling asleep. This repetition is there to make sure you get it and understand all the things there I suppose, but this repetition gets very tedious, as you've probably found, so by ALL MEANS just skip sections that get very same-old same-old. Though only if you have learnt the stuff and got the hang of it lol!

Balancing the dist. ed French work with 'real-live' assessments from school can be hard, as of course there's no one there breathing down your back to do the work [for French]. All I can say is even though you say you're behind, just do some of the work each week, so at least you can work through the packages slowly. All of a sudden the half yearlies come and then you feel as if you're not prepared. It sounds really stupid but maybe save a few days out of the summer hols and do some French (some advice I tried to give myself but at the risk of undermining myself, I never did any work during the summer... :rolleyes: ). It's just a matter of starting the work. Motivation is horrible! But I find once you start then you get a good rhythm going and it gets easier.

3/24 packages doesn't sound too bad. If you can aim do do like maybe 4-5 packages by the time term one starts, then maybe do 8 packages a term or something, then you should be fine. It sounds like a big goal, because near the end I don't think I did any of the packages (starting in year 11 we get the list with 50 packages on it, I think I eventually scraped my way to 40. Gave up before the trials lol... Don't listen to that though! :D)

How are you finding it so far though? Hard or anything? It might be a bit harder if you're having a few ennuis with French, but at this stage nothing should cause worry.

As well as the work packages maybe compliment your study with reading newsy/entertainment stuff on the net? There's no shortage of stuff there. If you're stuck, there's a couple of links threads on BOS that can help you.

Another Dist. Ed link on this topic that covers probably what's been covered hear. Perhaps what I have written here in THIS thread contradicts what is said in this thread but anyhoo ;) ---> http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=34527

Hope this answers your question! I haven't been on BOS for ages (Que Telstra trouve la mort!!!! :mad: ) and lost all my communication skills.

Any other questions, n'hésite pas de les afficher ici :p

Chépas :D.

Skip

Wow that answered it fully, thanks.

Im in France atm so setting aside a few days for French shouldnt be to hard :D

Im doing noir sur blanc, but I should be able to glide through it after my stay here.

Thanks again :)

chepas

HSC
Wow good area! Near Germany :uhhuh:.

What drew you to France :p!

aimzlouise

HSC
hey

I do french continuers by distance ed (i am only in year 11). I actually enjoy doing it by distance ed as i can work at my own pace, and i also get french tutoring. And i am also ahead. I am up to 16/ 24 .

So yea, just try and do the best you can, ask for help and sometimes u have to do some at home.

gizellafeher

HSC
Dear Amzlousie,

Where did you find a French tutor? I am currently in Year 11 - Open High Schools French Continuers and desparately need help.

Regards,
Jord

aimzlouise

HSC
gizellafeher said:
Dear Amzlousie,

Where did you find a French tutor? I am currently in Year 11 - Open High Schools French Continuers and desparately need help.

Regards,
Jord
my french tutor is a recently retired french teacher that used to work at my school. She is the same teacher that took me overseas to new caledonia when i was in year 9 (only year niner that went) so we knew each other that way. I have tutoring every second week and she helps me with my title pages. It costs me 20$ for an hour and i drive out to her place. It cost me $25 for when she came into mine. Im also from Grafton so it might be easier or harder to find someone from where you live.

Ex teachers or even urrent french teachers are a good place to start. The current french teacher at school still helps me when i need help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)