Distinction Course Discussion (1 Viewer)

VampireGirl

HSC
The first time i looked at them i freaked out! But yeh they're alright now:)

Well i'm off!
Cya!

Dumbledore

HSC
just wondering what kind of marks did u need for cosmology? i got 92 in acc 2u and didn't get in.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
just wondering what kind of marks did u need for cosmology? i got 92 in acc 2u and didn't get in.
wth? are you kidding me?

One guy there got 89 and he got in...

How did this happen??????

I think the selection criteria would have been 50% school and 50% HSC.

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah, you needed a good record in all of your subjects, not just one.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
btw when do you reckon we will get that 2nd assignment back?

i actually put in heaps of effort into that one....should def beat my last record of 70%....

EDIT: I also need it back before the exam because I have a feeling that one of the essay question might be based on the cosmological model...

jet

Banned
HSC
Hopefully before the end of the hols (yn).
I would like it back for the exam. I am really worried about the word count for each of the essays. How long do you thinks? 500 words? I can't write much more in 20 mins.

Yeah lol I worked my ass off for assignment 2 too. With assignment 1, i thought i could email it on the weekend, so I left my essay till the friday before because I had retreat, and I got back and found out it had to me mailed, I literally had, like, 3 hours or something to write it. +I had piano during that time aswell. One of the worst days of my life.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hopefully before the end of the hols (yn).
I would like it back for the exam. I am really worried about the word count for each of the essays. How long do you thinks? 500 words? I can't write much more in 20 mins.

Yeah lol I worked my ass off for assignment 2 too. With assignment 1, i thought i could email it on the weekend, so I left my essay till the friday before because I had retreat, and I got back and found out it had to me mailed, I literally had, like, 3 hours or something to write it. +I had piano during that time aswell. One of the worst days of my life.
I will agree on that one too. I left my assignment till the last minute really. So I pulled allnighters and stuff and managed to send it...(but it got there late actually)....Goshhhhhh

I absolutely failed at referncing in the 1st one because I didn't have time...I lost like 6 marks just on referencing @.@

About the exam, I am not really worried about the time because I can write extremely fast...I reckon I will try to apportion my time so that I get more than what's required for the essay...actually...i am not too sure. I think I will need to do few more essays and stuff just to see how I can time myself.

But in saying that, this will be an extremely tight exam with 1 hour with like tonnes of stuff to write on...damn

In terms of amount I will want to go 700+ minimum...but I will have to practise more just to see how I can go.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah same, I think it depends on the subject you accelerated in.
Most of the applicants who applied and accelerated in 2U maths, got really high 95+
I have a feeling that the cut-off would have been lower for Cosmology actually...

I was talking to some guys there and most accelerated in 2 unit and IPT...

one guy got: 89 in 2 unit
the other guy got: 93 in 2 unit maths
the other guy got: 97 in 2 unit
the other guy got: low 90s for both 2 unit and IPT
the other guy got: 98 in 2 unit

something like that...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I have a feeling that the cut-off would have been lower for Cosmology actually...

I was talking to some guys there and most accelerated in 2 unit and IPT...

one guy got: 89 in 2 unit
the other guy got: 93 in 2 unit maths
the other guy got: 97 in 2 unit
the other guy got: low 90s for both 2 unit and IPT
the other guy got: 98 in 2 unit

something like that...
Probably, I applied for philosophy and that seems to be the more popular course.

Dumbledore

HSC
Yeah, you needed a good record in all of your subjects, not just one.</SPAN>
i guess that explains it.
i blugded year 11 and only got slightly above average in some subjects especially the ones i planned to drop

sigh.. i now wish i tried in year 11 cause this and physics is the kind of stuff i wanted to study in uni

jet

Banned
HSC
In terms of amount I will want to go 700+ minimum...but I will have to practise more just to see how I can go.
Are you serious...? In 20mins? Youre crazy.

I did, however, look at assignment 3, and one of our essays is only 500 words. So I'm kind of not sure. Maybe we should ask McKinnon.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Are you serious...? In 20mins? Youre crazy.

I did, however, look at assignment 3, and one of our essays is only 500 words. So I'm kind of not sure. Maybe we should ask McKinnon.
20 minutes....hm...

it depends on the essay really.

If I write my usual bullshitting paper, I can write 700 words in 20 minutes. Welll....I think so.

but seeing that I cannot bullshit cosmology (since I don't want to piss off mckinnon)......

I am not sure now...haha

jet

Banned
HSC
Well, its 60 marks in 1 hour. A mark a minute, 20 marks for each essay, so 20 minutes.
Its gonna suck. I think it is kind of like a semi-long answer type question.
Something like the different types of telescopes wouldnt be that bad. I was fully awake for that lecture :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Well, its 60 marks in 1 hour. A mark a minute, 20 marks for each essay, so 20 minutes.
Its gonna suck. I think it is kind of like a semi-long answer type question.
Something like the different types of telescopes wouldnt be that bad. I was fully awake for that lecture :D
hahahah everyone was basically asleep, i nearly droollled lol!

jet

Banned
HSC
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

The only one I was nearly asleep for was the spotty suns one. I had nearly been awake for 2 days at that point. I had given up.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

The only one I was nearly asleep for was the spotty suns one. I had nearly been awake for 2 days at that point. I had given up.
you mean the

"kiss oh my suzie" or whatever lecture?

i didn't listen from the start...i paid more attention to the food smell @.@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)