N/A
Laz, Cyph:

Thanks! Anytime, :)

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy

mic: That's okay, you're very welcome. :)

I'm picking up a homo-vibe upon being called "your angel" (assuming you are male). Maybe it's just a homophobic tendency (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

Huy, I'm female lol. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mic
Huy, I'm female lol.
Oh okay, I just thought you were male (mic: short for Michael).

But Rev Ian/perfectionist: Thanks, you guys (and girls) are welcome. :)

Wahlito

Originally posted by Lazarus
... I don't really like having all of the top band courses in a single column (but that's easily fixed). ...
Any excel wizz's know how i can "easily fix" this, and also seperate the last names and first names into seperate columns like the previous years.

holl

Goodwork Huy.
Everytime I looked at all the names in the paper I kept thinking "Gee I wish this was on the computer so I could perform searches on it" and here it is.
Thanks.

Huy

HSC
N/A
TIB/holl: Thanks! It's really no problem. :)

I found it to be really useful too, looking up schools in my own area, finding people who use to go to my school, the subjects they topped and so on.

I'm also interested in knowing people's middle names (in full). It's an eye-opener (in a good way).

Wahlito: I'm sure you can do it somehow, as James had suggested, but I think it would only make it confusing (in my opinion) if every thing is to be separated into their own cells. That is,

- Student Numbers
- Surname
- Christian (first) name
- Middle name
- School
- Suburb?
- Subject #1
- Subject #2 (and so on).

I like to have everything in the one cell, so that I can highlight (and copy/paste) much quicker - it would also complicate things (in my view) when sorting and searching, as I like to "keep it together" (K.I.T. - Bowfinger).

:)

Wahlito

Yeah, i was just wondering cause I havn't really used Excel before and when i downloaded the file i was playing around a bit trying to see what i could do.

The only advantages would be so you could sort by first name and subjects i guess, but it doesnt matter cause i only wanted to sort by school, which i did :)

Now, if the data was in a database that you could perform SQL queries on... well thats another story.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Wahlito,

Yes, that was my intention (and the way I use the list). I like to sort according to Student Names (A to Z, or reverse) to be able to find students. The most efficient way, has been to search according to School Name, which had already been sorted (I would have left it according to the Board, by surname, but it is more beneficial when sorted according to School Name).

Further, if you start a blank database in Access, you will be able to import the spreadsheet using the File -> Get External Data -> Excel Spreadsheet. This way, you will be able to select which fields are to be imported (up to your own discretion, or all fields). You can then perform SQL search/sorts on the field(s). :)

AGB

HSC
how the hell do u know so much huy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)