• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do Chuck Taylors only look good with jeans/pants? (2 Viewers)

HSC
or can u wear them with skirts/shorts etc. The low cut ones...

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
hmmm.. depends on the person, and their build (cos they arent always the most flattering shoes, if that makes sense)

i've seen cute little asian girls wear them with anything and everything.. and they always look funky.

mahuligan

HSC
alot of the girls at my school wear them with skirts and they dont look half bad

transcendent

HSC
N/A
now now, just because she knows nothing about contemporary fashion doesn't mean we have to send her back to the Stone Age, it is just preferable to.

Pierotte

HSC
:( ... chuck taylors make me sad...

The day i bought my first pair of chucks was the happiest day of my life. The were interesting, not many people had them, and they were oh-so-comfy

Then all of a sudden try-hard-rock-wannabe's started wearing them... but well at least mine weren’t black, so i still looked different

Then bloody avril laigne came along... all of a sudden teeny boppers are wearing my beloved chucks in a bid to look cool, and all of a sudden i couldnt wear mine without getting compliments from my 10 yr old ashlee simpson loving neighbour...
and for some reason that just annoyed the shit out of me.

Then Nike took over the company... and Nike use slave labor.... so i cant buy chucks anymore without feeling guilty

So no more buying chucks for me... i must just wear my old battered pairs and reminisce about the good old days when they were cool in their own original way.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
dude... everyone has been wearing chucks since they first came out decades ago. they've ALWAYS been popular, and NEVER original. the fact general pants have been stocking them for as long as i can remember indicates theyve never been unique, even pre-avril.

as for the nike slave labour thing.. i recommend going to thailand and buying the hordes of old american vintage styles they have lying around in bangkok markets

HSC
I've got black ones with multicoloured laces. They are the most awesome thing to wear with stockings and a skirt.

I don't like the pink ones. I don't know why.
But speaking of Nike, i think those tweed sport shoes are ugly.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i just bought a pair today, and i've seen people wear em with skirts and they look pretty cool

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i hate people who wear them with 3/4 length things, urgh. that flatters NO ONE.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
Pierotte said:
:( ... chuck taylors make me sad...

The day i bought my first pair of chucks was the happiest day of my life. The were interesting, not many people had them, and they were oh-so-comfy

Then all of a sudden try-hard-rock-wannabe's started wearing them... but well at least mine weren’t black, so i still looked different

Then bloody avril laigne came along... all of a sudden teeny boppers are wearing my beloved chucks in a bid to look cool, and all of a sudden i couldnt wear mine without getting compliments from my 10 yr old ashlee simpson loving neighbour...
and for some reason that just annoyed the shit out of me.

Then Nike took over the company... and Nike use slave labor.... so i cant buy chucks anymore without feeling guilty

So no more buying chucks for me... i must just wear my old battered pairs and reminisce about the good old days when they were cool in their own original way.

you idiot!

chuck taylors have been around for ages!

you are trying to make yourself sound original and cool...

CT's have always been a fashion phase...u didnt 'invent' them

Skeeta

HSC
i dont know why but for girls i think youve gotta have skinny legs to be able to pull them off with a mini or the like. It also depends on what ur wearing.. obviously

LOUGH_TDR

HSC
i dont know wat ppl think wen they buy these
its like u see a punker wearing them and its like "mate u realise ur wearing old style basketball shoes?"

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i really like them but i don't wanna get any coz like every second person at my school has them. see, when i first liked them i didn't have the money to buy a pair. then suddenly heaps of ppl started wearing them and it turned me off them. *sigh*

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
because heaven forbid you are seen wearing something that other people wear.....

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
LOUGH_TDR said:
i dont know wat ppl think wen they buy these
its like u see a punker wearing them and its like "mate u realise ur wearing old style basketball shoes?"
Chucks are timeless!

carpediem

HSC
I wear chucks with a skirt all the time doesn't look bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)