do i really need physics for software engineering (1 Viewer)

friend177

HSC
at UNSW physics wasnt an assumed knowledge for software engineering isnt the course similar?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I did Software Engineering during my first semester at USYD, and there was absolutely NO mention of physics at all. UNSW might be different, who knows?

friend177

HSC
I did Software Engineering during my first semester at USYD, and there was absolutely NO mention of physics at all. UNSW might be different, who knows?
ah good, but how come u do bachelor of science now was Software engineering to hard

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
ah good, but how come u do bachelor of science now was Software engineering to hard
Before, I was doing a double degree BSc/BEng (Software).

However as I got through the semester, it got increasingly tedious. I thought that I would love coding since you can have robust/untidy code, similarly to a proof in Maths being elegant or not.

Unfortunately, I found it to be quite tedious and too simple, so I didn't quite enjoy it. I then dropped the BEng to focus on the BSc.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad

donnyboo

HSC
Before, I was doing a double degree BSc/BEng (Software).

However as I got through the semester, it got increasingly tedious. I thought that I would love coding since you can have robust/untidy code, similarly to a proof in Maths being elegant or not.

Unfortunately, I found it to be quite tedious and too simple, so I didn't quite enjoy it. I then dropped the BEng to focus on the BSc.

What are the subjects you need for software enginnering?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
What are the subjects you need for software enginnering?
I can imagine anything in IT, SDD, or something that involves coding would be beneficial.

Also, maths would be quite a big requirement (well problem solving in general). I find the hardest thing with coding is knowing exactly what you need to do. Planning how to problem solve stuff is quite a good thing to have in handy.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
4U Maths- Mechanics will probably be all the pre-requisite physics you need for any Engineering.
Besides V=IR for the Electrical.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
4U Maths- Mechanics will probably be all the pre-requisite physics you need for any Engineering.
Besides V=IR for the Electrical.
No pre-requisites. Also mechanics is completely useless for anyone doing software engineering. And for electrical V = IR, is not the only important law. You gotta know Kirchoff's laws.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)