Do people exaggerate the difficulty of the HSC? (1 Viewer)

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC
just keep in mind that performance in SC is never the indication of how you will perform in the HSC.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
i got an atar of 87.1 and i didn't study my ass off at all here is the list f my assessment marks in comparison with my has marks

subject assessment mark hsc mark skul rank

Biology 76 82 8th

ESL 77 83 3rd

maths 2 unit 86 79 4th

physics 81 84 6th

Arabic continuers 89 90 3rd

Arabic extension 42 43 4th

I study in CBHS ranked about 550th so as u can c its not hard

obviously you studied and put in effort to get those marks.

pisses me off when people say they dont try and end up with 99.95 for e.g, honestly that person should get shot.

mind you, depending how good you are, for someone to get your atar, maybe would have tried there ass off, unless your suggesting your a genius?

obviously you put time and effort to get those marks...dont lie now.

rx34

HSC
I don't think the HSC was that hard, in all honesty. I partied like crazy, had 60% attendance and played computer games all day. I rarely studied during the year and only started studying when everyone started panicking (1.5 months before the first exam). I got an ENTER of 95.10. It really can be achieved with minimal effort, provided you are not aiming for 99.95 courses like medicine. But that being said, I went to the best school in Melbourne (selective).

Gold Lion

HSC
This is fairly dependant on your capabilities as a person versus your aim. If you can study and listen in class and you're a bit of a natural - it will be a breeze. But if you're neither it can be quite difficult. I know someone who claims they tried their absolute hardest and got in the 60s despite aiming for like 80+

As for me, I only started trying literally for my final exams (which was way too late) yet I managed to pull a decent ATAR.

pman

Banned
HSC
can I ask why you would ask the 11ers this question...none of them have done an HSC,
No question in the SC even approaches the easiest HSC questions for relative difficulty (i.e, the hardest SC question is easier at the time than the easiest HSC question).
the SC is the biggest danger to HSC students because of how easy it is.

Schoey93

HSC
can I ask why you would ask the 11ers this question...none of them have done an HSC,
No question in the SC even approaches the easiest HSC questions for relative difficulty (i.e, the hardest SC question is easier at the time than the easiest HSC question).
the SC is the biggest danger to HSC students because of how easy it is.
You cannot or at least, should not, tell me that HSC is difficult. I did the 2009 Biology paper and had it marked and got 60% without every having studied the course in a classroom environment. And biology isn't a "capped" subject

So in short, your comments are unfounded remarks and are unhelpful to myself and other current HSC students.

Schoey93

HSC
Idk. I have a sneaking suspicion that they do that to get those who are "extremely lower than mediocre" to go into tafe before the government changes the law about the leaving age.
Um what? LMAO

You're an idiot if you were being serious

Anyone can do the HSC and at least get the certificate, even with straight Band 2's.

Whoever told you that was giving an empty threat..

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't believe people exaggerate it - however, different people will have different experiences of the HSC. Some will find it a breeze, whereas others will find it extremely hard. So to ask random people on a forum (people that you don't even know) whether or not they found HSC hard, and to assume that you will have the same experience would not be very smart.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon it's exaggerated. I tought it was tough during the year because of the workload and the lack of effort I was putting cause I couldn't be fucked. Yet my bludging still resulted in an ATAR I would have gladly taken at the beginning of year 11.

Schoey93

HSC
I don't believe people exaggerate it - however, different people will have different experiences of the HSC. Some will find it a breeze, whereas others will find it extremely hard. So to ask random people on a forum (people that you don't even know) whether or not they found HSC hard, and to assume that you will have the same experience would not be very smart.
duh i'm not stupid

Schoey93

HSC
Hey, remember my SAS (Students Against Scaling) thread? Just came to mind, thinking about HSC and the fairness of it and all,lol

Boy did that thread go downhill! *embarrassed*

Pyrokinetic

HSC
You cannot or at least, should not, tell me that HSC is difficult. I did the 2009 Biology paper and had it marked and got 60% without every having studied the course in a classroom environment. And biology isn't a "capped" subject

So in short, your comments are unfounded remarks and are unhelpful to myself and other current HSC students.
Um okay, who did you get it marked by? Just a school teacher? You should be careful about guaging your performance by teacher's marking of your exams, i've consistently gotten over 96% in every single biology exam i've sat and is ranked 2nd the subject (I go to top 30 school) and yet the whole grade underperformed in the HSC and i only got 90 in the hsc. I know my comment is highly subjective but im just saying - its common for exams like Biology to be mark too leniently.

Otherwise kudos to your 60% in biology though, thats pretty impressive for no contact with the hsc course. (y)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It's lunch with the premier. And people who may or may not be 16-17. No lunch does not include any alcoholic beverage...sorry to dash your dreams:chainsaw:

LOL :)
As long as there is decent food.

pman

Banned
HSC

I'm not saying its difficult, I'm saying its much hrader than SC...some work is required to get a band 6 (whereas none at all for SC)...
certain subjects are much harder than others, BIO is simple but ext2 maths is V. hard

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My impression was that one of the 99.95'ers this year got a guaranteed place from Sydney Uni - but I can't find which course it is because their info sucks over there on their website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)