Do people who have guaranteed entry affect us? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was just thinking, say someone who has guaranteed entry, they obviously don't need to study for the HSC. So does that mean their marks will affect ours? I hope not because then I'm pretty sure I'm screwed for some subjects lol.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends, some people want to show off to others their HSC marks so they will still study nonetheless, just perhaps not as worried or anxious-very hard to think that HSC student would stop studying just because they have guaranteed entry, and often guaranteed entry have a minimum ATAR to get to go along with it-you can't end up getting a mystery mark and still take up guaranteed entry for example. I think you are worrying too much about other people.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
If you're talking about internally, then yes. I know some people at the top of the cohort who got guaranteed entry (Law at Macq) and dropped all their grades because it doesn't require a minimum atar.

caitlinmansfield

HSC
Most of the people who are accepted into uni early - with guarranteed entry - are academic students anyway and will want a high atar to show for their hard work. It takes the pressure off them, but I really don't think they'd stop trying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)