Do Universities consider school reports? (1 Viewer)

HKK

HSC
Do they look at them at all? Because my school attendance/punctuality is atrocious, lol.

love ma sleep ins

enoilgam

HSC
Do they look at them at all? Because my school attendance/punctuality is atrocious, lol.

love ma sleep ins
No, for the vast majority of degrees, they look at your ATAR only.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

love ma sleep ins
Think it through. Do you think 50 000 university applicants each year scan their reports to send to their university each time they get an offer?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i don't think they actually have access to it
If you're referring to ATARs, the universities [somehow] do have access to it. I think they do, because Sydney Uni call up all the people who get 99.95 that put Med down, the day before ATARs come out.

If you're referring to reports, I'll shut up.....cause you're right. :p

TheExpert

HSC
N/A
Yes, they'll look at it and it matters. It doesn't matter if you got 99% in your school, all they use to calculate admission average are your top 6.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Most employers couldn't care less about your school reports.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
yeah reports are as useful as toilet paper. its not about the method, its about the results.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Most employers couldn't care less about your school reports.
Well i would rather a employee who is punctual and withholds lower results, as opposed to the opposite. Academic brilliance, isn't necessarily applicable to everything in life, remember.

By having good attendance usually highlights dedication, and a willingness to commit and these are the most important things within a workplace.

Last edited:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Well i would rather a employee who is punctual and withholds lower results, as opposed to the opposite. Academic brilliance, isn't necessarily applicable to everything in life, remember.

By having good attendance usually highlights dedication, and a willingness to commit and these are the most important things within a workplace.
im just saying results in general. if i were an employer, i would rather someone who could produce excellent results than someone who just does an average job but stays behind after hours and seems more dedicated. its all about working smart, not hard.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Yes and a three year old school report doesn't demonstrate anything you just mentioned.

BobMac

HSC
I would have to say that it depends on what you're applying for.
E.g. if you're applying for a scholarship then probably yes, or if it's a course like B of Music then they would probably need something other than the performance and atar. Another example is when you dont meet the requirements for the course and you may get an interview. From this they may check your reports to see your dedication to your studies.
But if for example it is like a commerce degree and you get the atar for it then no.
Hope this helps.

DanTarts

HSC
No, they don't. The whole application and offers process is automated. Only your ATAR gets checked against the cut-offs for the courses you have applied for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)