Do we need 2 kno all 4 poems 4 coleridge? (1 Viewer)

Smartie87

HSC
i have never looked at rime of the a.m..... does that matter

hipPo3

HSC
yes we do .. its easier and better
but in the test try and keep the subjects consistant

jimjim

yeah exactly.. no chance in hell they'll specify which texts you need to choose for it.. like think of all the other poems in physical journeys etc.. there are heaps! don't stress out.. there are billions of people in my year doing coleridge.. well, out of 350 about 100 do it, and all of our teachers have been saying just study two k?! best of luck! :D

jess121

we only need to know two in detail, but if you want to mention others its fine.

Smartie87

HSC
thanks guys- my day just got so much easier!! good luck everyone

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
while its unlikely they will specify, the point is they CAN. my advice is know two or three poems really well, but have an idea of the other two just incase.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Born Dancer said:
while its unlikely they will specify, the point is they CAN. my advice is know two or three poems really well, but have an idea of the other two just incase.
Are you sure? I didn;tthink they could specify particular poems because they can't do the same for the other prescribed texts, which would therefore mean the people who studied Coleridge are disadvantaged.

Smartie87

HSC
well if thats the case, knowing my luck, they will say 'using journey to the interior and rime of the A.M..."

Thinking about it logically, i dont think they will specify. Just as long as they dont expect us to use all of them. Teachers are mean i know... but id be hoping that they wouldnt want to kill all our hopes by doing that to us

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i don't think they will, because the equivalent of specifying poems for coleridge kids would be specifying chapters for students that do a novel. i don't think they'd ever be able to specify chapters, so really they shouldn't specify poems. but then again they CAN, so they might. i'm only doing two, though.

Smartie87

HSC
hm i just thought... for english2 then, could they specify, say, a scene from King Lear to write about, or say, the characters from brave new world? cuz that would mean for lear our critiques/readings productions, etc would have to be included 4 that

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i was under the impression that they can specify. but hey, i dont know. im just going to know all poems at least briefly just incase :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)