Do Year 11 marks count towards an ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No, your ATAR is entirely based upon your marks beginning from Term 4 prior to your year of graduation.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No, your ATAR is entirely based upon your marks beginning from Term 4 prior to your year of graduation.
That is, the HSC course. Prelim HSC ("Year 11") doesn't count.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Unless you are doing subject acceleration of course. Otherwise, Year 11 is a dry run.

Alkanes

HSC
Everything in term 4 for you next year will count but.

HSC
If it did, I would be *epically* screwed.
Speaking of which. What do you guys think is more important, good ranks with bad marks, or bad ranks with good marks.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
how the f>>k do u srsly not no this, sum ppl....

gaugau1

HSC
All about ranks peeps
i disagree i think you will be better off with good marks and a low rank , then having bad marks and a good rank . if they have a good rank with bad marks this is indicating the standard of his year/class (very poor). if he has good marks but low rank obviously his class is of a high standard therefore when it comes to studying and hsc , he will be motivated to work harder (more competion) and will be pulled up by his class mates. having bad marks means they are not trying or able to do that subject therefore will go badly in their hsc and their atar, no matter what they are ranked, will be low. The best thing to do is have both awesome marks and rankng =D

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Your internal school mark is determined purely from rank so your argument is invalid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)