• YES! love me love me!

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • No.. fairy tale type shit..all of it.

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
if the subject "love" doesn't exists, what exactly do you call what you feel for your parents? your siblings? even your spouse?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i call it a product of evolution, it is bennefitial to everyone to stick togther, increases your odds to survive.However that isnt that issue and you know very well we are talking about the romantic concept of love

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
rnitya_25, you really did disregard all that conditioning and social construct thing in the thread didn't you.

And anyhow, love is a severe umbrella term. English sucks, we only have one word for love. What was it, french? italian? I forget. They have hundreds to differentiate the difference. There is a difference, I hope you agree.

That being said, I don't even know why I'm trying.

I hated this thread from the start.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
rnitya_25, you really did disregard all that conditioning and social construct thing in the thread didn't you.

And anyhow, love is a severe umbrella term. English sucks, we only have one word for love. What was it, french? italian? I forget. They have hundreds to differentiate the difference. There is a difference, I hope you agree.

That being said, I don't even know why I'm trying.

I hated this thread from the start.
The eskimo language has about a hundred words for snow, but that has nothing to do with this thread.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
hey i really thought i "loved" two girls yesterday (both known for a while)

turns out 1 was playing a fucking shit load of mind games with me and has a boyfriend

and then the other was playing another mind game with me and in love with another guy

today was a very heart aching day for me. now i'm stranded. guess it's back to the park to practice soccer tricks again. fuck this relationship shit, i'm pimping next time i go out.

Gangels

HSC
I beleive in love but not when your 16 and your girl freind says it then. I dont think we can fully understand love at this age for we dont fully develop until about 21, 22. I think true love would be rare cause for the amount of divorced parents i know, you'd see why:)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
this thread sucks

because a) there are bitter people who are like ZOMG NO LOVE DOESN'T EXIST BOYS/GIRLS SUCK

b) ZOMG YES I'M SO IN LOVE WITH MY BOYFRIEND THAT I'VE DATED FOR LIKE A WEEK

or c) i have no idea so i'm just going to say we understand it later :uhhuh:

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
I don't know. I never take shit serious and like so... I just figured that people made shit up. Because they need something to talk about. I'm so in love. I would die for this person. You complete me.

Then last week. Something happened...

She came.

I saw.

We spoke.

We connected.

I felt something.

She went back to another country.

Just my luck.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
aww ...well i'm sorry to hear about that..sometimes situations like that do occur, if people are from other places....i'm in an 'interracial' relationship and it's more harder than what it normally would be perhaps, but that way it is strong too. my example, we are engaged so it's pretty much clear, but i would never go overseas without him, like it's either he comes with me or i go with him, so my answer to the question is pretty much ofcourse i believe in it. sometimes though it is acceptable why people have to leave, even if they say how much they love someone...like sometimes family pulls more harder you know, and you're left to chose either one or the other, and obviously, if people are not that deep in a relationship yet, they would chose family.....that's only one of many reasons though....it just depends on everyones situation.....but i believe love is stronger as you spend more time with the person.....and even in the case of long distance i do support that too, if there is trust it has been seen to work out.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
thanks sparkles

but i'm convinced that being a sleaze, pimping and one night stands are the way to go.
:bomb:

katy-g

HSC
I love my boyfriend... its simple.

Love is a flower you need to let grow kiddies :)

Let it grow :D

Skeeta

HSC
i'm really on the fence on this one.. i shouldnt be.. becuase i've been with my b/f for four years now..

there is love there. but i dont know which way it came around..

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Yeah sure.

I'm in love.

Therefore love exists.

--

Yeah, sure.

I'm not in love.

Therefore love doesn't exist.

--

Yeah, dunno.

Never been out with someone.

Therefore love may exist.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
litany said:
Yeah sure.

I'm in love.

Therefore love exists.

--

Yeah, sure.

I'm not in love.

Therefore love doesn't exist.

--

Yeah, dunno.

Never been out with someone.

Therefore love may exist.
if you're trying to summarise the posts that would occur in this thread, you're deeply simplistic about it.

Otherwise, i don't know what you're trying to say?

litany

Helpfool
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
if you're trying to summarise the posts that would occur in this thread, you're deeply simplistic about it.

Otherwise, i don't know what you're trying to say?
I like the phrase "deeply simplistic".

Maybe I am summarising the thread so far, maybe I'm not.

Maybe I just have no clue!

[:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I find it's easy to change a minor interest to a full blown obsession unless I stop it. Since I second guess everything and I believe you cannot be 100% sure of anything I don't think there is such a thing as love. Just a two way passionate interest in each other maintained through various interactions between individuals. This is of course a very clinical view of 'love' but that's what it is to me.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Komaticom said:
I can mould my emotions as easily as clvay. I can also throw that clay in the furnace so it'll forever remain stuck in that shape. It's a simple shape, which I quite like.

Kathelle, was there a reason why you quoted komaticom? IS THERE SOMETHING YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)