Do you go to the lectures? (1 Viewer)

How much of the lectures of your course do you attend?

• 90 ~ 100%

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • 75%

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • 50%

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • < 50%

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters
L

LaraB

i havent missed anything..tutes, seminars or lectures...feel like taking tomorrow off tho coz i have the flu, but i have to do a tute presentation.

Im at uws and at least for law, i duno bout other faculties, we have seminars instead of lectures/tutes n you have to attend 80% minimum of the seminars otherwise you can fail the course coz they can give you an unsat.

Same deal with tutes for business

Lectures aren't compulsorary tho

mattyg87

HSC
i missed the second half of my lecture today because i was falling asleep and i think its easier to learn for that unit by just studying yourself..oh and i missed my frist principles of professional communication lecture and tute coz i slept in

theone123

blue essence
HSC
most commonly, people will turn up to all, or close to all of there classes, there will be times where its inevitable to not turn up the class.

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
I've missed one lecture (the surf was good) and i have 10 hrs of lecture a week, not including lecture tutes.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
of my 17 lectures, prac and tutes...i attend around 92.86% (i.e i skip evry comp lecture)...im sure ill start skipping stat soon enuff...very boring shit...and the reason i skip comp: the lecturer is majorly fukd

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I attend mainly all of them though I have two periods which clash so in essence I'm missing out on 2 hours a week. I also miss out on a one hour physics lecture on Wednesday which is like my only class then so I can't be bothered with it (yet) :p
And for the record I go to UNSW and do second year Mechatronics and Computer Science.

Riewe

HSC
last semester was only about 30%, as they were all a waste of time, and i only slept through them so i decided to sleep at home rather at uni. Also, they were mainly mid afternoon, so it really screwed up my dyas. But This year the lectures have turned out better, all morning, besides chem on monday night, so so far, i have a 100% attendance record, that's if you don't include one missed due to exceptional circumstances.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
cro_angel said:
im doing primary ed..
for 3 of my subjects they put the lecture notes up on webct.. but they have noticed that attendance is dropping at the lectures so with one they put a video in to answer questions on, and the other they left a few blank spaces to fill in words that were missing (and the paragraph is pretty irrelevant without those words). my maths lecturer doesnt put the notes online, and for the other subject we had to buy a book of readings and all the lecture slide titles are on a page but we have to fill in the information.
but yeh i might as well make the most out of it while im going there.. its not like i really do anything constructive at home anyway.
My marketing lecturer cuts out stuff and leaves gaps aswell. It pisses me off so much. I go to all the lectures but I would rather not print off the lecture notes and fill in the gaps all the time so I am disadvantaged. It's bullshit.

Last edited:

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
the subjects for one of my lectures is made available on the internet which i listen to instead of going to the lecture. i thought that this way was just as good as going to the live lecture but some girl said that it's always better to go to the live lecture. is this true cause i've not really noticed any downfall doing it this way

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
babez_hamp said:
the subjects for one of my lectures is made available on the internet which i listen to instead of going to the lecture. i thought that this way was just as good as going to the live lecture but some girl said that it's always better to go to the live lecture. is this true cause i've not really noticed any downfall doing it this way
it will be fine as long as you remember to download and watch the lectures. Rather than slack off and not even downlaod them.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I was going to be a very good girl and not skip any lectures, but I decided that since the chem 1101 lecturer just reads off the slides and has the most boring voice ever i could afford to miss one lecture..... I had to go and put my tutu in the SUDS costume room. That thing was getting annoying... and thursday is my "i have no lunchbreak day" so i went and got a sandwich at manning.

I do Bcommerce(marketing)/Bscience (psych) at USYD

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i waaaaaaaaas gonna be a good girl and go to every class but i missed 2 last week due to dreary wet cold weather. Oh well. i have the lecture recordings anyway :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
This yr: Occupational Therapy at Newcastle
-100% attendance apart from 1 biomed tute (I can't be bothered doing the maths :p)

Last yr: Science at Newcastle
-Biology- 100%
-other subjects- perhaps 25% attendance [maybe less], hehehe

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Prac nursing is pretty good. science is hell boring and i tend not to go to those lectures..especially that one at 9am..morning after unibar night. Goona start though, i'm struggling. been to all tutes/pracs/labs though.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
well....i do commerce at newcastle, 3 subjects

stat 1050.....ive been to 3 lectures, not goin to anymore till exams...just go to union to get dinner b4 my tute
irhr 1110.....ive been to 4 i think....not goin to anymoore till exams
acfi 1010...i go to the first half of the lecture to get the lecture outline (cos this sub doesnt post on blackboard) and then go get some dinner at the union in the second half waiting for my tute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)