Do you only use one evidence per body paragraph? (1 Viewer)

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
According to the essay writing guides on BOS, they never mentioned using more than 1 evidence (supporting quote and technique) per body paragraph. Is this correct, and what should I do with my other piece of evidence if it supported the same statement?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
What. You defs need more than one quote and its technique per para to demonstrate the point you are arguing

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You should have multiple quotes to support your ideas.

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
Do you know what the body paragraph structure would look like if I were to use 2 pieces of evident?

iStudent

HSC
All the good essays I've seen used a LOT of evidence. This state ranking essay had around 6 techniques + quotes per paragraph. Maybe this is what you should be aiming for? (this way you also cut out everything that's not needed i.e. plot details etc)
So a body paragraph can look something like:
Topic sentences (introduce what you say)
[6 quotes/techniques with complete effects, analysis etc]
Linking sentence (to your main argument)

Something like that. I don't think you can get a good mark with just 2 pieces of evidence per paragraph.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
According to the essay writing guides on BOS, they never mentioned using more than 1 evidence (supporting quote and technique) per body paragraph. Is this correct, and what should I do with my other piece of evidence if it supported the same statement?
A lot of people have answered your 1st q. Regarding the 2nd q (something I do to add word count), you should add those two quotes if possible in the same sentence because it's arguing the same statement.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I used at least 5-8quotes in my paragraphs and at least 3-4 techniques.

Machiavelli1

HSC
NONONONONONONO

I had at least 8-10 per paragraph

Remember that you are analysing/arguing about your texts and ideas! You can't make claims without backing them up with substantial evidence
+1. Also try to ensure every quote has 2-3 techniques attached.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)