• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does Allah Exist? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghani

HSC
arashnaebkhil said:
Oh Yeh Gandi, if I were you I would honestly get rid of your signature. This is going too far.
should have thought about that before you sent me threatening messages and said i was a dirty little shit slut who deserved to die shouldnt you

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
1) It is slander when you make statements which arguably are not true.
2) It is slander when you broadcast an untrue, and possibly damaging message about someone in a place that may be viewed by thousands of people. \

Can a legal student please shed some light on this issue?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Dude, like I just said: If it's opinion it can't be slander. It'd be slander if he claimed Arash said something and that was untrue. But he hasn't done that. It might be a dickhead thing to do having that signature but he can't be sued for it.

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
Dude, like I just said: If it's opinion it can't be slander. It'd be slander if he claimed Arash said something and that was untrue. But he hasn't done that. It might be a dickhead thing to do having that signature but he can't be sued for it.
Definitions of slander on the Web:
  • [SIZE=-1]
  • words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another
  • aspersion: an abusive attack on a person's character or good name
  • defame: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
You can't argue that the words that were transmitted don't damage the person's character. [/SIZE]

ghani

HSC
BigPole said:
Islam is evil, I'm an ex-Muslim myself (born into a Muslim family) and the religion is revolting. If only Muslims weren't ignorant they would see what a corrupt religion it is, want to know the truth about Islam? the Quran itself says to "kill all nonbelivers" there are qoutes galore promoting violence. The Quran says specifically for men to HIT their wives, the "prophet" Muhammad was a pedophile (married Aisha when he was 53, she was 6), HE killed all the Jews of Arabia. Islam was spread by the sword....I feel really passionately about this and I hope one day we can get rid of the evil religion.
that is what i said that got me threatened by the violent hateful arash...would u have guessed he was muslim?

ghani

HSC
arashnaebkhil said:
Also, in regards to your ugly afghan taliban wannabe or whatever you are explicitly trying to say, I would get your facts straight. You find a picture of me that is from me in year 11. Well done, it is funny you actually did not post the other pictures that you found. I mean, do you honestly think that picture gets too me. Why would I sue a little girl who sits behind the computer and goes through all this worthless trouble to finding a picture and an email. It just shows how low and immature you honestly are. And seriously, stop embarressing yourself with this suing crap when you honestly don't know how anything works. Also Sam, Thanks for the support, appreciate it.
says the person who sends threats to 16 year olds because he doesnt know how to use words to solve problems

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
ghani said:
that is what i said that got me threatened by the violent hateful arash...would u have guessed he was muslim?
Now your sig is fine.

BTW, that Afghan guy is a prick. Fucking animal.

Also, nice sig (not the pic of him :mad1: :mad1:)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
ROFLMAO I LOVE THE SIG. no joke. this fuck nut arab is a wannabe gangster. fuck you. pathetic shit.

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
arashnaebkhil said:
LOL, what are you trying to interpret by saying Hi Grease? Last time I checked, I did not have any acne or pimples or whatever other thing that you mostly likely have. Further, you saying ugly? It is funny you did not post up the other photos that you saw and out of a 20 or so, you decide to post that up. Well done! As previously stated, Ugly is subjective and everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but i am sure people that actually know me would definately agree with me. Why don't you post a picture of yourself up or are you too actually ashamed of what you look like????
Mate, it looks as if you dipped your hair in a barrel of grease. :lol:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
Definitions of slander on the Web:
  • [SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
  • words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another
  • aspersion: an abusive attack on a person's character or good name
  • defame: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]You can't argue that the words that were transmitted don't damage the person's character. [/SIZE]
Defenses to claims of defamation include:
  • Truth is an absolute defence in the United States as well as in the common law jurisdictions of Canada. In some other countries it is also necessary to show a benefit to the public good in having the information brought to light.
  • Opinion is a defense recognized in nearly every jurisdiction. If the allegedly defamatory assertion is an expression of opinion rather than a statement of fact, defamation claims usually cannot be brought because opinions are inherently not falsifiable.

sams057

HSC
Riet said:
I'll say this once:
Opinion can't be slander.

Slander: words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another

[SIZE=-1]Defamation: In law, defamation (also called vilification, slander, and libel) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressively stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government or nation.

her opinions of him being ugly and violent and a taliban wannabe should stay personal.ok she might be on thin ice by stating them in the open forum.but goin as far as putting them on her sig and putting his details, myspace, etc and saying "is this ugly piig humiliated yet?" meaning she meant for him to be defamed and slandered.she shouldn't broadcast them on her sig for thousands of people to see. are the words falsely spoken.yes. have they or do they have the potential to ruin his reputation.yes...judy davis won a defamation case against News Ltd because she opposed extra lighting at a kids park next to her house aimed at helping the kids see better...portraying her as a hearltess, selfish, cranky old hag. she won $140,000. people have won from far less. lol mercedes corby won when there was pictures of her smoking a fucking bong and a joint and her sister was in a fucking jail cell for smuggling marijuana. and she still won. if ghanis actions weren't defamatory, i don't know what is
[/SIZE]

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
Defenses to claims of defamation include:
  • Truth is an absolute defence in the United States as well as in the common law jurisdictions of Canada. In some other countries it is also necessary to show a benefit to the public good in having the information brought to light.
  • Opinion is a defense recognized in nearly every jurisdiction. If the allegedly defamatory assertion is an expression of opinion rather than a statement of fact, defamation claims usually cannot be brought because opinions are inherently not falsifiable.
But how can you ascertain whether or not the person being slanderous is intending their statements to be interpreted as fact or as opinion?

It's a tough one to prove in court.

ghani

HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
Look at the prick's hair :rofl:
this is the answer
and no i wont post a picture in case someone tells one of my retarded afghan uncles and they decide i best live back in afghanistan and marry an old man who pays the right price.

sams057

HSC
Riet said:
yer him being a taliban wannabe is true? he didnt say that . that is a false statement. the thousands viewing this thread will or probably already have thought that he is. and whos she 2 say he's ugly? i can bet my life she isnt exactly in contention for miss universe.

sams057

HSC
Riet said:
and yeh i almost forgot...lolll ghani is a she

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
But how can you ascertain whether or not the person being slanderous is intending their statements to be interpreted as fact or as opinion?

It's a tough one to prove in court.
Calling someone ugly is clearly opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)