does ANYBODY enjoy their text for english? (1 Viewer)

J

juvekickass

FRONTLINE!!!! it was damn funny...especially the 'inivisble man' episode...and also one other i cant remember haha.

kuroneko

HSC
Lots of the texts are enjoyable, though a lot are intensely tedious and take a long time to be over with...
I gotta say the poetry is the best, not like the BS you usually get 'I love him, he doesn't know me, insert unoriginal rhyme here along with few other literary techniques' [in even simpler language]
AHEM but anyway, I'm reading Emma at the moment, it's pretty boring but I like the language. A challenge is always fabbo for me, cause the majority of my class are clueless.

o__o That reminds me, I've gotta do Clueless next term. Darnies.

veronica6535

HSC
I absolutely HATE Coleridge and his stupid poems.. especially Kubla-Khan.. i just don't like poetry that isn't modern.. I enjoyed Brave New World though, and really liked my ext. 1 text Medea.. so far so good.

ARX-8

HSC
I made it through the 2007 HSC without reading Emma...Well I read about 3 pages before I stopped because it was so boring...I did alright for English Adv but I'm not recommending you do it too...

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
AHEM but anyway, I'm reading Emma at the moment, it's pretty boring but I like the language. A challenge is always fabbo for me, cause the majority of my class are clueless.
Hey! What a pun!

Perhaps watching Clueless movie is less boring!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Fuck all of you, Clueless is a classic.

EDIT: hahahaha I misread 'mad' as 'bad'.

my mad.

uwshm8

uwshm8
HSC
yeh, i had to read 'raw' by scott monk these hols. i was negative about the whole book reading thing in the hols, however i got stuck into it and i enjoyed it alot. then i read some of the posts on the BS site and it revealed all the hidden concepts in the book that i completely missed.. it was pretty amazing. later dan

basilstick

HSC
haha no i dont think its odd! i found Coleridge's ok and so far Hamlet and R&G are quite good.

tnicolag

HSC
noo im studying Jane Austens Emma and i fell asleep every page i turned dont no how im going to study it!

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Emma=Commonplace boredom.

Has anyone ever watched Cinema Paradiso or Peter Pan's Labyrinth?

The former is my prescribed text and the latter I'm planning to choose as related material (er...just heard of it as interesting)... not yet...so I'm asking!

kuroneko

HSC
Ok, with Emma, I tried. I read up to chapter 29 (go me) then looked up a chapter summary for the rest of the book. It was so much more straight forward and a whole deal less time consuming.

renzieroo

HSC
Emma is sooo not fun. i get so sleepy whenever i pick it up. clueless is good though. :D havent started watching frontline yet. and king lear - it's like the worst shakespearean tragedy. blaaa.

HSC
I liked Frontline when I did it
Brave New World/Blade Runner wasn't too bad
The Tempest...drank coffee and coke before going to class :)
Yeats...ehh...it sucked basically

ccc123

HSC
Kujah said:
For your related materials, they cannot be chosen from any of the Advanced, Standard or ESL AoS booklist. However, you can still choose some of the texts used in Modules A, B and C of Advanced + Standard.
Actually my teacher said (assuming he's right), you can, there is no rule against it, but its just not advisable. Having said that, irrespective of whether my teacher is right ot not, I would recommend looking beyond the AOS booklets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)