does anyone else feel ridiculously blaze about these exams? (2 Viewers)

HSC
i dunno. i think its just a coping mechanism for me. ive been avoiding anything to do with the hsc lately.
ie, study, conversation, websites.
this is the first time ive been on a school related website for about 6 months.

ive done a total of about 10 minutes study on english paper 1.

i'll probably get a slap in the face on friday when we actually go to sit the exam.

does anyone else feel the same way??

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
particularly blaze? or do u mean blas'e or whatever? i know heaps of mates taking your approach, and there is nothing wrong with it, as long as you dont expect to get a really really high uai :)
\

wLym

HSC
ive been dead all these weeks since the trials, i seriously feel brain damaged. But good old adrenalin kicks in the day before the business exam, and its just like second nature to cram and study. Dont ignore the urges! study and youll be alrite.

HSC
emmmmmmmily said:
yeah, me

i dont have a problem with studying, i WANT to study, but i guess its the reverse psychology in me- everyones telling me to study so as a result i dont want to

ive done a little more than 10 minutes though, lol

that it so the same as me. my parents gave up nagging.

and may cat-- nah im not looking for anything over 65--the three courses i want to do are all under 61. as of trials im sitting on 67 sooo....
god love newcastle and its ridiculously low uai thingies. :rofl:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
cherry.blossom said:
that it so the same as me. my parents gave up nagging.

and may cat-- nah im not looking for anything over 65--the three courses i want to do are all under 61. as of trials im sitting on 67 sooo....
god love newcastle and its ridiculously low uai thingies. :rofl:
well then ur set, enjoy your un-stressful hsc

HSC
-may-cat- said:
well then ur set, enjoy your un-stressful hsc
i kinda am, and kinda aren't.

im glad that im not pulling my hair out about the exams, but stressed that i'm not stressed.
o_O

odd much?

Rose.

HSC
Ahaha yep in the same boat.
I just don't care.
I guess it's because I don't have a purpose for it at the mment.
I don't see myself going t uni for a couple of years, I would rather experience the world before I begin studying again, you know?

So I'm just not putting the effort into it.
Because after all is said and done, the HSC is going to mean nothing to me when I want to go to Uni. My marks up until this point a good anyways, so getting a job won't be that difficult most likely.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
cherry.blossom said:
i kinda am, and kinda aren't.

im glad that im not pulling my hair out about the exams, but stressed that i'm not stressed.
o_O

odd much?
Lol, that's exactly how I felt the week before the exams... Altho I did a bit more study than ten minutes XD

I don't think not stressing out is a bad thing. It feels nice when you know you're handling the pressure just right and also knowing that there are thousands of others who aren't coping with it as well as you are. Half the battle's basically getting over your nerves and just go out there, do the exam and enjoy yourself. Not saying that doing exams are fun, but you get my point XP

SOPHIE.

HSC
im kind of at the stage where i feel i could walk into the exam and maybe draw a picture of a shoe or something.

so if anyone's freaking out, at least you'll have the comfort and peace of mind in knowing that you did not come last in the state for AOS, and that somewhere out there, a girl drew a shoe instead of writing about the imaginative journey as explored in william shakespeare's the tempest and two self-selected texts.

ChampPunk

HSC
I am at the moment but that will probably change to dread tomorrow but these holidays i've made an artform out of procrastinating

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
cherry.blossom said:
i dunno. i think its just a coping mechanism for me. ive been avoiding anything to do with the hsc lately.
ie, study, conversation, websites.
this is the first time ive been on a school related website for about 6 months.

ive done a total of about 10 minutes study on english paper 1.

i'll probably get a slap in the face on friday when we actually go to sit the exam.

does anyone else feel the same way??

So, why do you try to compensate your own lack of self-discipline, by trying to surround yourself or better yet create a medium of people who uphold the same sort of expectations that you have, in order to make you feel better and justify that laziness is an amazing trait?

Last edited:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
SOPHIE. said:
im kind of at the stage where i feel i could walk into the exam and maybe draw a picture of a shoe or something.

so if anyone's freaking out, at least you'll have the comfort and peace of mind in knowing that you did not come last in the state for AOS, and that somewhere out there, a girl drew a shoe instead of writing about the imaginative journey as explored in william shakespeare's the tempest and two self-selected texts.
Well, if you can draw a shoe, you can try imagining a shoe, elaborate and there's your creative writing part done.

And then you can go back to drawing a shoe if you prefer XD

rhirhi66

HSC
HAHAHA @ Sophie, i think i could just draw a shoe aswell.
I'm exactly the same as Rose, i wanna experience different things and places before i go anywhere near another learning insitution. ewww.
I have BARELY studied, probably a few hours or so..but i'm not stressed at all, screw the HSC :eek:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
SOPHIE. said:

nah man, maybe ull get some heaps cracked marker whos been marking for like 40hours straight who will see it and go omg! such a perfect and original metaphor for journey!! and give you a prize or something. It could work.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
i am just ready to knock my self unconious for a week just so it will be started for me already got this wait for the inevitable is making me sick

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
yes and then no and then yes again...it's me trying to not appeat stressed.

I wanna know if i get my mother to kick me out of the house tommorrow can I claim those 5 extra UAI points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)