Does anyone ever find their perfect match? (1 Viewer)

Is there such thing as a perfect match?

• Yes

Votes: 49 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corro

HSC
If there are 5 billion people in the world, the probability of anyone ever finding their perfect match would be slim to nil, wouldn't it? Imo, it seems then that no one ever finds somsone that is perfect for them, regardless of however much they try and convince themselves to the contrary, they simply settle for whatever is around at the time they decide its time to get married or have kids etc. Perfect match, kindred spirits, soul partner, to me seems like a load of shit.

Opinions?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
there is no such thing as a "one and only" match
people can think they've found the perfect person and then that person breaks up with them, let a few months later they find someone else who they think is the perfect person for them
human beings like to trust in fairytales

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
a perfect match is just someone who completely understands you, loves you for who you are, cares about you, and shares a lot of your interests.

it doesn't necessarily last for the rest of your life, but while it's still going, it's blissful. :rolleyes:

there are probably many perfect matches for each person. i don't know how many, but there are way more mismatches than perfect matches, and you just have to go through a bunch of wrong people before finding the right one.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
some people think that their "soul mate" is the one they marry. that's not always true. you don't always spend the rest of your life with your soul mate. you're lucky if you do though. :rolleyes:

50Cent

The Protege
HSC
yeah ur more likely to find them while cheating with a hoe and then you'll cheat with the next. That sould mate crap...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
There is only one couple I know that I would bet my life on that they are "soul mates", my eldest brother and his wife, they've been married 10 years, together probably about 16, and they truly are perfect for each other, I wouldn't say that about even my parents.

That being said, I think their case is rare, and chances of it happening to other people are relatively low.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
markmooks said:
In my short but eventful life I've met a handful of girls who I truly love, for who they are and who they will become. Some are not aware of my emotions due to circumstance, and others don't feel the same for me. Life is not perfect.

I'm trying to be patient whilst I wait for my "soul mate", I'll know when I find her as I've felt the difference in feelings for partners, and I have a bar to which they must raise themselves to qualify for my deepest affections.

Until then it's more fun and friendships.
You live in a make-believe fantasy world full of magical fairies and eskimos. :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Aren't eskimoes real?
it's from the simpsons. :uhhuh:

"lisa, vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos! :D now be quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers."

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Haha, fair enough, here I was thinking how people must have misled me for all these years!

Skeeta

HSC
it sounds strange, but i reckon there is more than one person for you. The chances of finding a single person out of the billions in the world of all diferent ages are what you said.. slim to none.

but i believe that there are millions of potentials out there but you only make it with one of them... love is what you make of it

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yes, but there are many perfect matches, not just one.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I say no. There are many matches, but I don't think any of them are perfect. Until you break up/divorce/kill each other (I'm being pessimistic here), if you're in "love" then your partner seems perfect regardless.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
snickerdoodle said:
I say no. There are many matches, but I don't think any of them are perfect. Until you break up/divorce/kill each other (I'm being pessimistic here), if you're in "love" then your partner seems perfect regardless.
......That's wrong. You break up/divorce/kill each other because there are problems in your relationship, even when you're in love.

So how can your partner be perfect?

It's more like when you're in love, the little shortcomings seems trivial compared to the big picture. Unless the big picture looks like a picasso painting. In which case the shortcomings will be magnified. Usually the result is killing.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Airness said:
......That's wrong. You break up/divorce/kill each other because there are problems in your relationship, even when you're in love.

So how can your partner be perfect?

It's more like when you're in love, the little shortcomings seems trivial compared to the big picture. Unless the big picture looks like a picasso painting. In which case the shortcomings will be magnified. Usually the result is killing.
A perfect partner is one you don't fight with?

I disagree. I don't know any relationship, not even one, where there is not the occasional bust up. And I think that's what makes a healthy relationship. When you're in love, you're honest and open about said shortcomings - a "perfect" partner is one that really listens to your opinion. They may disagree with it and there may be arguing but if they make an effort to listen and respond, you can work through your problems. Then your partner is still perfect to you.

If you end up killing well...they ain't perfect anymore. Everyone has imperfections, and I think that makes the "perfect" partner even more attractive :D.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
perfect people fit certain times in your life, people change, no always in the right way, so if someone was perfect, chances are, they'd end up not

therefore, dont be so fussy :)

niteshade1312

HSC
About soul mates, I swear I have found mine. She is my best friend and our friendship has continued to span continents while she is overseas at months at a time. She completely understands me and we could finish eachother's sentences if we wanted.. but about perfect matches. I guess your match is what you make it. Then again if you are in search of a paricualr type and person.. keep dreamings.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
About soul mates, I swear I have found mine. She is my best friend and our friendship has continued to span continents while she is overseas at months at a time. She completely understands me and we could finish eachother's sentences if we wanted.. but about perfect matches. I guess your match is what you make it. Then again if you are in search of a paricualr type and person.. keep dreamings.
i keep my dreamings in a jar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)